Quick Question about unlocking pipelines..

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are no additional pipelines in a 6600GT, i believe.

the only time you have to flash a bios, is when you want to make it think its something else. like i did for my 9800pro. flashed it to a 9800XT. 200 point increase for 3dmark03

PZEROFGH said:
there are no additional pipelines in a 6600GT, i believe.

the only time you have to flash a bios, is when you want to make it think its something else. like i did for my 9800pro. flashed it to a 9800XT. 200 point increase for 3dmark03

Or if you're stupid/curious like me and try to change my Stock RAM timings from 2.5-4-3-8 to 2.0-2-2-5 and my RAM completely malfunctioned. So I had to use the CMOS Jumper to flash my BIOS. :D

you cant do anything to the 6600gt, except overclock it.... the 6600gt is the top of its class... there is no 6600ultra or whatnot.
--------------------

someone stated elseware that... unlocking on its own may not show much noticable performance increase, but overclocking after unlocking would be more noticable... if true then that explains it.

becaue i do get noticable fps increases at a few scense in games, but most of the time theres no noticable differnece, only 1 or 2fps more.

Or actualy hes just making a point and Nubius he has a 6800 not a 6200
Ok? I never said he HAD a 6200...all I said was that I've seen the people over at XS unlocking the pipes for the 6200 with rivatuner so I figured the 6800 would be the same...and then I made a side comment about them overclocking it....I never once said or implied he was using a 6200...

He PM'd me with this question before he even made his post so I'm fully aware of what card he's talking about

lol i score over 3800 in 3dmark 05 with my 6600gt i guess that 6800 is beating me overall huh hahahahaha
uhh yeah you got that after overclocking it...he's talking stock...and once he begins to OC that 6800 with the unlocked pipelines he'll go past 3800

burned-ati said:
lol i score over 3800 in 3dmark 05 with my 6600gt i guess that 6800 is beating me overall huh hahahahaha

3800 in 3dmark05, thats good... i was talking about stock though.

i wouldnt fully rate something ona bench like 3dmark though.... use the actually Timedemo built into Doom3 to bench your card, actual game performance would be more acurate. (unless someone usess an ATI card then youd have to use a diff game). Thats another reason i didnt bother to run 3dmark on the 6800.

put Doom3 on, Ultra, 1024x, 2xAA..... then hit 'ctrl+alt+del'..... then type 'Timedemo demo1 1'

you will be given an fps score at the end.
Nubius said:
uhh yeah you got that after overclocking it...he's talking stock...and once he begins to OC that 6800 with the unlocked pipelines he'll go past 3800
Im not going to O/c this card, Technicaly its not gana remain mine... but i will O/c it a tad and see if there is any Temp difference.

thanks
ummm... Can anyone tell how to overclock RAM, i dont know much about anything in overclocking and stuff related to it.....

ok to ACTUALLY anwser the original question. If you were to unlock and if it did artifact, you can change it back and it will close off the pipeless that were unlocked, since they were not the original ones unlocked, it does not just pick and choose at random, it knows what pipelines its supposed to run. If it just chose at random what pipes to go back to then it woul be a 50/50 chance if your card was to work when you bought it brand new. And you will not notice a massive performance increase, you will notice it more in the graphic instense part of games where those extra pipelines will come in handy. The best way to have tested if it worked was to run a 3dmark when it was stock then run it with the unlocked pipelines and see the difference, since 3dmark 05 is very graphic intensive.

Now you kids behave or i be forced to pull out my 3dmark scores just to spoil your fun :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom