Gaming System Revised

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO I don't really like them heat spreaders, I have some OCZ ram with them heatspreaders and they used that crapping rubber stuff or what ever it is between the chips and the heatspreader, plus the sticks with them heatspreaders are so close to each other the heat is just getting trapped there...... Might end up putting a freaking fan near them sticks because they get very hot.....................

Made some changes to the build (I've changed it about 100 times since I started saving for it) and I need someone to look it over for me to make sure its all compatible and everything is perfect.

Motherboard: DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo
Video Card: eVGA Geforce 7800GTX @450/1200
System Memory: OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) Platinum
Power Supply: Antec True Power 2.0 550W
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 80GB 7200rpm SATA150
Optical Drive: NEC 3540A DVD Burner
Floppy: NEC 1.44MB

Monitor: Viewsonic VP191B 19"
Speakers: Logitech Z-3 40watts 2.1
Mouse: Logitech MX-518
Keyboard: Saitek Eclipse
Case: NZXT Nemisis Black

$2,474.18 from Newegg.
For detailed info on the components click HERE.

Is everything good? Will the PSU be good for two 7800GTXs in SLI if I ever decide to pencil mod the mobo? Should I get a sound card?

Well I don't know really, I've never built a gaming PC so I'm not sure how much disk space I'll need. How much space do games usually take up?

BF2 takes about 2.3-3Gbs of space. im onyl using about 20GBs of my 80GB hdd. i have about 2000 songs. couple of hundred pics. and couple of games. bf2, cs, css, hl2

The point of having a bigger HDD isn't to fill it up all at once. Its to fill it up over the course of a year or so. For example, my 160GB HDD should last me 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom