XP upgrade or new computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n o v i c e

Solid State Member
I currently have a presario 7360 499MHz Processor 312 MB ram 7.38 GB hard drive CD-rom and a burner using a cable modem with windows 98 se. Do I by the XP upgrade or get a new computer

I thank you in advance for your responses.

You can Run XP. You will find that you will run out of HDD space tho (depending on how much you use the computer) A new system is faily cheap now-a-days. If I was you, I'd use that as a Linux box :p and getta new PC.

xp should go nicely on that comp but i would go with windows 2000 non pro edition. I got xp on a 350mhz intel p2 128mb ram 9gb drive cd burner floppy 5200fx vid card sound blaster 16pci. And i would rather down grade to 98 again. It ran a lot smoother

Turn off the Eye candy, system restore, and such, and you'll be good.

I wouldn't convert the drive to NTFS for two reasons, though...

1. If you ever want to boot linux, you can't easily write to it.

2. Make sure you're satisfied with XP before you switch over. Otherwise, its back to square one.

i have the same compaq, id reccomend getting a new comp, itll come with xp on it, and ull eventually need to get a new one anyways......

i bought a dell and i kept my compaq for browsing the internet....lol... and then i keep my gaming computer in my room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom