Gaming system

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I went with the first system I could get the following:

- A better monitor to take advantage of graphics

-A better graphics card make/warranty

-A CPU that I could use full power when gaming

-A decent case, not one that slices my figers off when opening it

When games are actually using dual cores and my CPU becomes obselete then I would probably just buy the best AMD 64 X2 CPU that you can get on socket 939.

You have to dip into the market at some point in time. The market moves so fast the second you buy something it is old and outdated. I can understand where your coming from with the whole X2 thing, but I reckon it will take around a year or more before we start seeing them used to their ability. Just because the duel cores are being used to their ability does no tthen mean single cores are no use. They will just be slightly worse.

Surely an AMD 64 4000 would have about 3 years in it?

Well you seem to have your mind set on the 4000, so why put up the other setup if you can think of four points off the top of your head why you don't want that one. All I am suggesting that it's more important what goes in your computer, not how big the monitor is. I mean yeah, it's important up to a certain extent, but there's no point in investing on a big mointor if your computer doesn't play games well. I'm not saying the 4000 won't play games well, I'm just saying that 4200 will probably play on the same par, maybe slightly less but we're talking differences of maybe 10fps, and as both will play games around 70-80 fps, then you're not going to see the difference.

Look, lets go back to the original plan for an X2. It's meant for multi-tasking and gaming, lets leave the game side of it for the minute. What you do have with the X2 is the option of running mundane tasks in the background (like virus scans, adware, spybot, disk cleanup, disk defragmenter etc) while you play a game, whereas the 4000 would struggle to play the game at all with them going on in the background. The X2 wouldn't struggle at all, and you don't have to set time apart to check your computer for all that rubbish. You can do more important things like play games :)

I mean the decision is yours, and yours only, but I'm not the only one to promote the X2 to you, and if you're intent on getting the 4000, so be it. I'm just trying to point out that the X2 is a better alround processor that will run games around the same, but you get all the multi-tasking abilities with it.

If you are going to have the money to buy the best x2 thats out when multi core software is available why not buy a fx-55 or a fx-57. It seems to me you can't afford a good x2 right now which is perfectly fine and you're trying to convince yourself that x2's are not worth it. Are you gonna win the lottery in a few months or something I don't know about.

Now if I were you, I'd wait until I can pusha few mor bills out to buy a x2-4600 or 4800 toledo and enjoy my damn near best performance multi core support or not(only topped atm by fx55 and fx-57) and then have even better performance ina a month onward when software starts progressing in multi core support.

If I had no issues with money I'd buy a fx-55 or fx-57 and then in a few months when the new dual core lines come out, I'd buy the best one I could.
I just don't understand your choice budget wise.

I would love to get the X2. But if I was going to I would have to get the 535w Enermax instead of the 600w Enermax. The problem I am facing is I don't know if the 535w Enermax will work or blow uo my whole system :(.

No, the 535W Enermax would be fine for your system, as long as you have over 500W for the 7800GTX, then it's fine. Just make sure you're positive about no going down the SLi route, and if you're not, then the 535W is fine.

Yeah but would the 7800GTX and the CPU be able to run just as well as if they had a 600w PSU?

Also why did you go for the 600w?

The CPU and the 7800GTX could have the bare minimum of power and still work, and even if you gave them 1000W of power, I don't think they would perform any different (you just end up on spending too much money on a PSU :))

I got the 600W because I am going to SLi in a couple of months when I have enough money :D

Never heard of them :) If you want steady RAM with not muh overclockability, then go OCZ or Corsair, if you want to overclock, go Mushkin or G Skill (well don't go for them as they are shutting down). But try and avoid Value RAM, because you may have 2Gb of it, but 1Gb of Perfromance/Platinum RAM from OCZ will beat it hands down.

Shop round for your best price, and what amount of RAM you want. How much ave you got to spend on RAM?

ok if you if want to go with the 4000+ then go with the 4000+ if you want to go with the X2 then go with the X2, it is mostly your decision, and not ours. both of the systems are very good. and it really is just your choice, sense it is not our computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom