Need Help Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenboy3413

Baseband Member
I am a complete and total noob at building therefore, I am open to all forms of criticism. With the help of my friend (whom has built his own computer b4) I plan on building my own gaming computer. I wanted a second opinion on hardware and other such components. I plan on using the computer for quality gaming and also for student purposes when i attend college next year. My price cap is $1200 to $1500 as absolute tops. I have only a few pieces chosen so far and was hoping for help from there.

Athlon 64 AMD 3700 processor
Aspire X-Navigator Aluminum ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side, Front USB and Firewire Ports, Built-in Fan Controller and 500-Watt Power Supply

DFI nF4 ultra-D - 122

AMD ATHlon 64 3700+ - 279

OCZ platinum revision 2 1GB - 169

seagate barracuda 160GB sata150 hdd - 89

aspire x-navigator case - 85

NEC IDE DVD burner - 36

OCZ powerstream 520W power supply - 130

eVGA 7800GTX - 469

1379 dollars, to save money you can go with a eVGA 6800GT. which is about 200 dollars cheaper

EDIT: need links just ask

i'm building a computer

i'm building a computer, mainly for gaming, and i have chosen to stick to a $2000 (AUS) limit. my computer will include:
-Thermaltake Armor Full Tower Case - Black (VA8430BWS) (No psu)
-Thermaltake 480W ATX Silent Purepower Supply with Active PFC
-AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (Socket 939)
-MSI K8N Neo4-Platinum (Socket 939)
-OCZ EL DDR PC3200 Dual Channel Gold C2 CL2 1GB (2x512MB)
-Thermaltake Big water cooling
-Asus navidia 256mb 6800 TD
i have all the oter parts like the harddrives and optical drives.
tell me if i have chosen a good system to build.

pzerofgh or anyone really

you recommended
aspire x-navigator case - 85
OCZ powerstream 520W power supply - 130

My question is why do you recommend that power supply and not the one that comes included with the case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811144089

Also, what is the big difference between the aluminum case and the $85 steel case other that wieght.

Finally, if u say not to go with the aspire psu then where can i get just the aluminum case without the psu including. (i cant find it anywhere).

ps: I am now unsure about what processor to get after reading through this forum over the past couple of weeks. I would like to use this computer for high end gaming and also for multitasking (not while i'm gaming however). I plan on using it for school, cd/dvd burning, music downloading, and internet. What do you recommend.

Note:I know absolutely nothing about over clocking

thanx for the help so far

the psu that come with cases are genric and are crap basically. with some exceptions. get the 3700+ san diego. though is your budget still the same? or you can look into a 3800+ X2 if you have the money lol.

just buy the case with the psu. and switch it out. its not like your paying extra for the psu. i mean you are but not a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom