How to keep your cables tidy inside your PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
With Pzycho B!tch II (see sig), one of the thing that I would like to do in keep my cables neat and tidy inside the PC.

Like I am using round ide cables which will keep the IDE Cables under control.

However I do have problems the following
1. Power cable for my Drives. In the past I have been using cable ties, but they are a real pain as I have to break then and replace then every time I need to pull apart my PC.

2. Fan controller and temperator cables. I will have 4 fans that are monitor via a Thermaltake HARDCANO 12 and up to another 4 fans being controlled via a Thermaltake
X-cotroller

So this will mean that I have another 8 3-pin fan cable. And another 4 temp. senors cables are rather fagile.) running all over the PC. If at all possible, I would like some thing that I can mount to the frame of the PC so I can keeps things tidy. However I would also like to have some thing that I can untie the cables and retie them again when I am doing mantaince / upgrades to the PC.

Suggestions plz.

Hell if you find suggestions let me know....I can't keep my cables tidy for crap

Well if your looking for something you can undo and reuse a lot you could just use the twist ties that come on lots of stuff. Like if you buy a new mouse it comes with twist ties bundeling the mouse cord or like new speakers come with twist ties bundeling all the speaker wire. Practicly anything you buy comes with twist ties! Or you could even just buy some twist ties, hahaha.

Ya this wouldnt be the best looking but atleast you wouldnt have to keep cutting your zipties everytime you were messing arround inside the case.

You Said:
"If at all possible, I would like some thing that I can mount to the frame of the PC so I can keeps things tidy."

I dont think mounting something isside your case is gona help keep your wires tidy, if anything it would just give you more clutter. Maybe I dont understand what your asking.

Belkin 6 Colour-Coded Cable Ties - Velcro Tabs
FUL1_F8B024.jpg

Part # F8B024

Organize your audio/video cables, computer cables and more with these high quality nylon ties that are easy to use & reuse with their self-attaching design. Multiple colours (red, green, black, yellow, blue, and gray) let you colour-code your connections.

Advantages
• Colour code your cables with a variety of colour coded ties.
• Self-attaching design lets you use and reuse.
• Secured cables help reduce accidents.
• Belkin Lifetime Warranty.

This will sort out my power cables.

As for my fan cable and temperater cables alone the frame work of the case so that they will not be in the way of the motherboard or other parts when I am chopping and changing new parts.
I would like some thing a little more descreat the the velcrow cable ties.
I am wondering if I can get some thing like P-CLips that be used for PCs.

Go to http://www.frozencpu.com they have a lot of case modding supplies there. I'm sure you will get some ideas on how to fix your cable issues. Also I am pretty sure they ship internationly, it will cost you but if you can't find anything locally its an option.
Me I just rewired my PSU and fans for a custom fit, no excess wires hanging around.

I take the wires, cut them to the required length then solder them back together. I find that this keeps my case free of clutter.

I will say that when you want to move something around it's kind of a b!tch because the wires are too short sometimes. Also, the initial soldering is quite a chore, but worth it to me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom