AIM and Utilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

realmike15

Baseband Member
So I'm kinda forced to run AIM on my computer, because all my old high school friends use it. The fact that the UI alone is filled with adds, doesn't give me much confidence that it's ad-ware free. Like most people, I use Ad-aware SE and it doesn't detect anything on my computer which sort of has me wondering.

Does AIM contain known ad-ware these days? I know there was a time it did, and I'm just not sure about it these days. If so, are there any good programs out there to remove that crap off AIM?

As of right now, my utilies for keeping this sort of ad-ware, viruses, java/activex junk off my computer are as follows:

Clean Space 8 (history wipe/cleaner)
Ad-Aware SE build 1.06r1 (ad-ware cleaner)
Norton AV 2005 (viruses/ad-ware/firewall)
Registry Mechanic 4.0 (registory cleaner)
Windows Firewall (firewall)

Anything else I should be using?

Usually it comes with weather bug and aol crap to try it unlimited for whatever days. Do u see weather bug? Try using Trillian, there a free version and pro.

yea, the only detectable thing on AIM is weatherbug.. but you should be able to disable it.. i believe.. not have it installed.

thanks for the replies everyone, it's been a while since I installed it, but I always do custom installation on everything, so if it was an option I'm sure I disabled it. also I dont see anything in the options menu. thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom