What is the best overclocking ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

j4ckaL

Daemon Poster
What is the best 2GB (2x1GB) DDR 400 memory for overclocking? Not necessarily the BEST but some very good OCing stuff.

2GB doesn't overclock that well, it doesn't like it. I don't know if you'll even find any 2x1GB sticks for overclocking RAM.

Generally, OCZ, PQI Turbo, Patriot XBL, just to name a few are good overclockers.

EDIT: Found some 2x1GB sticks. Lookie here.

Oh yea. G.Skill, thats what I was forgetting. G.Skill RAM overclocks the highest of all, but again, good luck finding 2x1GB modules.

Yeah, I agree with Flanker. I mean seeing as G Skill are closing down their business, then your look for G SKill 2Gb RAM has just doubled :( I would suggest trying to get the last few 1Gb sets, and just buy two of them, as they will overclock like mad, and will make your PC have more than 2Gb of RAM (technically :))

And because you can overclock G.Skill farther, you'll gain more performance than 2x1GB sticks, even though you'll be running at 2T timings.

2GB doesn't overclock that well, it doesn't like it. I don't know if you'll even find any 2x1GB sticks for overclocking RAM.

Generally, OCZ, PQI Turbo, Patriot XBL, just to name a few are good overclockers.

EDIT: Found some 2x1GB sticks. Lookie here.

i was about to just post that link..

anyways, i say just go with 1GBx2, cause its better then 4x512MB. and dont go with 2x512, cause 1GB is like 512MB last year. the new low is 2GBs. so i would say go with 2GBs of the OCZ ram.

EDIT: they dont sell G.Skills on newegg anymore :(

The new low is 1GB, not 2 -.-...

yea, if you can't get G.Skill, then get 2x1GB RAM. It won't oveclock as well as 4x512MB, but thats what you want.

Just get the RAM in the link I gave you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom