good place to buy a gaming pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haoming

Baseband Member
could anyone recommend me a good gaming pc and where to get it. my price range is about 800-900

the pc doesnt have to be perfect, but should run things like cs:s and photoshop cs pretty smoothly and quickly. graphics might be around a geforce 6600 or sumthin

thx

can u build it if so try www.newegg.com seriously putting together a pc is like putting together a puzzle only youll know if something doesnt fit for sure but the hard part is troubleshooting. Also software might be a problem but usually its really easy for 1st time boot and crap.

i could try to build it, but after looking at prices it seems like a custom one costs more than a premade one

It might be hard with a 900 dollar limit. Well, I dunno. A 900 dollar machine won't play F.E.A.R or BF2, but it might play CS:S okay...I could be wrong tho.

Are you talking monitor, speakers, keyboard, etc... Or just a tower? Tower only you could build something @$900. For the whole package for $900... You'd be better off just going to Best Buy. I would strongly suggest waiting and saving up a little more money and building though... People on here and numerous websites will help you and show you how to build.

Bad replies. Building your own is cheaper any day of the week, EVER. Whether its a $300 or a $3000 computer, it will always be cheaper to build your own. STAY AWAY FROM BEST BUY/CIRCUIT CITY/COMPUSA.

As for Newegg, those prices LOOK high to you, but they're some of the lowest prices on the internet.

You need to tell us what you need in your setup (Just the Tower or also Monitor, keyboard, speakers...etc.).

Ya building your own comp is way cheaper then getting one pre-made. Plus you can get it exactly how you want it. You might be kinda hard-pressed to build a decent computer for 900 dollars thou. Like someone else said, if all you need is just the tower then it wouldnt be too bad, but if you need all the extras like a moniter, speakers, keyboard & mouse, then I wouldnt even try all that with just 900 bucks. The longer you can save your money the better machine you will be able to get. If you buy a cheap 900 dollar computer now its gona be outdated real quick and your gona have to buy another 900 dollar computer in a year just to keep up. You would be better off saving your money a little longer and getting like a 1500 dollar computer now that wont get outdated so fast. And if you spend more to build it and get good parts you could just get away with only haveing to upgrade the graphics card in 1 or 2 years and not the WHOLE machine.

Well, you can get MOST of the peripherals nicely in $900, thats not a problem, but if you need a LCD monitor, they go for $200 min for a 17"...

I built my PC for $1200 (3200+, 2GB RAM, 6600GT, and ALL peripherals but printer) but I also bought a $230 17" monitor, so you can build a system, but not get the monitor in that price. *I just haven't updated my sig yet*

If you DO need a monitor, and can't raise your budget, then you won't be getting a very good PC. It'll be something that you will be tempted to upgrade in 1-2 years.

All my recommendations are if you build your own. If you're buying pre-built, it'll cost a lot more.

ive been looking through maximum pc and was wondering if this machine would be decent for running cs:source

nforce4 chipset mb w/ 16x PCI express
corsair 1024mb pc3200 ddr400 memory
160 gb 7200rpm 8mb cache serial ata150 hard drive
geforce 6600gt 256mb ddr
nforce4 7.1 3-d suround sound
600watt subwoofer system
amd athlon 64 3000+
basic cd rw drive
basic case

am i missing anything else that i would need? also, how much would this cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom