Are Amd mobo's going to support better ram soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Are Amd mobo's going to support better ram soon. I am mean its ddr. People have told me they are but newegg doesnt show it plus someone else said there waiting for a new kind of ram to com out to put it in amd mobo's before intel but idk. Now pc3200 seems slooooowwwww. Only reason id ever go pentium......

AMD boards dont use faster RAM because they really dont need it, and the Intels are the only thing that really need the really fast DDR2 RAM. Thats what I understand.

I hear ya thou, when i was first looking at building a system I was gona go Intel because they can use such better RAM. But I kept hearing the AMDs dont need the fast expensive RAM and thats the reason they still use regular DDR. I think an AMD system with old DDR would be better then an Intel system with expensive DDR2 anyway.

I think the AMDs are finally getting to where they need the faster RAM thou, from what Iv heard thres something new for AMDs comming out called 'M2', I dont know if thats a motherboard or just like a new begining for AMD boards or what but I gues they will start supporting DDR2 RAM soon.

PC3200 isn't slow...not with the AMD64s memory controllers anyway...they easily compete with the loose ass timings of the DDR2 modules Intel uses

DDR2 isn't really 'better ram' so you shouldn't look at it as such...the Intels way of moving memory bandwidth is outdated and slow being they are still using the NB I believe opposed to AMD using the onboard memory controller which is much more efficient.

AMD will never use DDR2, as far as I'm aware they will be using DDR3 whenever that comes out in the near future.

Point being, RAM isn't an issue right now so I honestly don't see why you think it is...especially if you get good DDR ram and know how to overclock it'll smoke DDR2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom