Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

denysy1

Baseband Member
Hi,

I have the W32.Linkbot.M virus and I can't delete it. I have norton antivirus, and I fully followed the instructions on the symantec website on how to delete this virus, but it just doesn't work. I tried reformating, but it's still there.
It makes my pc freeze all the time, I already typed up full descriptions of problems with this virus, and what I did to delete it, but my pc froze again and it all was lost.
I'm pretty shore there is no use trying to delete it using antivirus or anything like that.
Does anybody know how to reformat my pc so that there is no way for it the virus to survive?

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,

Denys

have you tried just booting from the Win XP disk?

should say "press any key to boot from CD"

then press any key

then when you reformat it should give you an option to delete any partitions and any data currently on the drive, and I assume that would delete the virus too.

norton sucks, try free versions of AVG or avasti. I think u just reinstalled not reformated, if you delete all partitions and do a long format not (short) one i don't see how the virus could survive.

Don't format for a damn virus! Sheesh that was fast.. "i have a virus"
RE: "nuke it!"

People these days... If you're willing to follow my instuctions ill be more than happy to help.
-blitze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom