Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think windows 2000 is the most stable
it has a slow startup,but its good
xp slows down after 2 weeks
take care

windows 2000 server and pro on my home computers and redhat linux with my other servers that I lease in data centres.

wow not a lot of people are with linux here.

i thought it was very popular with the 'real' computer people.

my uncle has red hat linux and I think its very hot. Microsoft seems like crap to me. Though I like how XP looks rather than red hat.

Linux, always!

Come on people, Linux RedHat 8.0 is by far, the best OS on the market right now! I love Linux and will never take it off of my computer.

Security - No need to explain this one, everyone who knows about computers should know that Windows has more security issuse than anything.

Viruses - There has not been a reported virus outbreak amoung Linux machines ever reported. Look at Microsoft Outlook, that program is the one that all viruses are created for.

Crashing - I've had RH 8 since it came out & 7.3 before that, hasen't crashed yet.:D

It's fun! People can't mess with your computer, becuase they don't know how to do anything!

I made the switch, to LINUX!!!!!

XP is stable like everybody says but all told it is just Big Brother Bloatware. It is full of spyware and is a control freak. Unless you run exactly what Micro$oft tells you to run or use (especially with hardware) it won't run that smoothly at all.

It is just another attempt of M$ trying to totally dominate the computer market and push every else (that isn't in cohorts with M$) out.

XP doesn't do anything that 2000 won't do, alot of sites that review software actually say 2000 is slightly faster and 2000 plays just as many games if not more (although some need tweaking) than XP

I use Win XP Pro but also have ME and Linux Mandrake 9.0 installed on this system. I haven't booted to either of them in weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom