Built 08 Sep 05 : 3DMark03 - 17,082!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No unfortunately because I built the PC at my house and then he took it home to update everything (software). So I didn't get the chance to run those on there. The only reason I was able to run 03 was because I put it on a thumb drive and transferred it that way (05 wouldn't fit). I'm going to try to get screen captures of those utilities soon though...

oh i see, im guessing he doesnt live close by you then. i think YOU need to upgrade your video card.

PZEROFGH said:
oh i see, im guessing he doesnt live close by you then. i think YOU need to upgrade your video card.

Oh brother I KNOW I need to upgrade it... No doubt. But the wife KNOWS that I don't need to upgrade it. If momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy!!! :eek:

hello thats a pretty high score for 7800gtx it deffinetly does what they say it does for sure!. and its cool u didnt go sli with them becasue its a waste of money and it really does nothing,so many people are like omg sli sli!! and it doesnt even come close to doubling your performance in gaming, so save that extra 500$ and buy a car lol

PZEROFGH
why is the core so low on the 9800 pro i thought u said u had a zalman vf700 cooler on there u might want to check if that thing is flat against its core because ive seen 9800 pros overclocking to like 420mhz core with the stock cooler,same problem happen with my 9500 pro i could only overclock a little bit but then i reatached its heat sink and i overclocked its core from 277 to 360, yea but i got a 6600gt now 9500 pro died soon after lol poor video card......... jk lol but good luck

So do you think the benchmark score is on par with / above / below what you would expect for this setup? Thanks!
seems about exactly what I'd expect from that setup.

3dmark05 should be producing somewhere around 7500-8000....I'm just taking a wild guess though so don't quote me on that

new thing now, got my new video card, actually put the heatsin kon correctly. should i remove the shiny part around the GPU? right now the vga cooler is resting on the shim thingy and the GPU might be a little raised above it. i tighten the screws down pretty tight. i might remove that shiny thing and just put the heatsink on that way.........anyways i got to 420/368 or what not. look in my sig. now its a 9800XT. lol. i got 6969 in 3dmark03

Thats a pretty nice rig and good to see you didnt flush you money down the toilet on two 7800GTX's cuz one is freaking plenty.

I agree with burend-ati. SLI'ing two 7800GTX's is the biggest waste of cash on earth. And most of the time you can only use ONE of you 1000 dollars worth of graphics cards anyway since a lot of games dont support SLI yet anyway. And like he said also they dont give you anywhere near double the performance, thats the biggest crock of shit ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom