Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FEAR

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I am scrapping together a Media Centre. What is going to be faster, AMD AtHLON XP 1Ghz or AMD DURON 1300.

Also, I know the history of the Duron 1300. As for the AMD ATHLON XP was some on thing I salvaged out of a dead PC.

I would have to say the Xp, its alot faster then the Duron and newer gen. too, I would for my self jsut use a Xp more for a meida computer. BUt thats just me.

They didnt make Athlon XP's in 1GHz. That is most likely an Athlon Thunderbird, unless you are running your chip at 100MHz instead of 133MHz. This would mean it's an Athlon XP 1500+.

If it is actually an XP, I would go with the XP.

If not, I would go with the Duron. It's got a newer Morgan core (stripped down palamino). But it's very hard to say since the T-Bird has more cache.

Kubel said:
They didnt make Athlon XP's in 1GHz. That is most likely an Athlon Thunderbird, unless you are running your chip at 100MHz instead of 133MHz. This would mean it's an Athlon XP 1500+.

I did not think of that.... I got a sinking feeling that you are on to some thing there. I will check it out tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom