How download intensive are online games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greatmaw

Solid State Member
Hey All
Finished building my pc nearly a week ago (worked perfectly first time, not bad for a first time builder).
I've been playing battlefield 2 offline for a while and am interested into getting the computer onto ADSL

Now i will be getting 256kb with a 10gb limit and i was just wondering whether the 10gb limit would be sufficient for roughly an hour a day of online gaming, and other slightly higher than normal use throughout the day.

At worst if i go over the 10gb limit it only drops back to 56kb which means no gaming.

10Gb will be more than enought for 1hr of gaming a day, but u may find 256k to slow for battlefield 2.

just give it a test.

I was playing at a mates place yesterday, 256k is too slow for 2 people playing at the same time but it was pretty good when i'm on a server with a low ping.

10gig would be enough for about 2 months of playing battlefield2 for 6 hours a day!.....I found that I was using about 150-200mb max a day with WOW playing for about 5-6 hours a day.

Iv never even heard of an internet provider putting a limit on how much you can download in a month. Thats freaking retarded if you ask me. I would be pissed and look at a diffrent provider. Thats like having the phone company tell you your only aloud to talk on your phone for 5 hours a month or something. Or buying a car and having the dealer tell you you can only drive 10k miles a year or they will downgrade your engine.

You should look at getting cable internet, cable is really fast and would kill 256k DSL. I love my cable. If you think about it. 256k isnt really that much faster then plain old crappy 56k.

I live in the UK and ISPs are always capping how much you can download, i have 1 gig a day or something stupid. The odd thing is its not enforced unless you break it constantly. I also have a cable net connection which by the end of next year is being upgraded to a 10 gig line :D. The only reason capping is happening is to stop illigal downloading.

But considering i download alot of pc demos some of which can be 500mb breaking my cap probably happens alot, but so far havnt been warned. Maybe the UK is just behind the rest of the world net wise and is catching up dont no about austrilia though.

Australia is worse, i dont know one ISP that offers turely unlimited plans. but i can get 1500/256k for $70 and 42GB Per month, thats 1.5Gb a day and no way i would break that unless im using torrents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom