Barton 2500+ with A7N8X Deluxe v1.04

Status
Not open for further replies.

domwells

In Runtime
Hi,

I have a Barton 2500+ with multi's locked.
I also have the Asus A7N8X Deluxe v1.04 BIOS 1006 so it should support 400MHz FSB.
Problem is I can only get the External clock up to 180 stable. I'm running the Memory in sync it is TwinMOS 3200 2 * 256MB running in dual channel mode.
When I increase the External Clock up to 185MHz I get artifacts in 3dMark2001 se.
I haven't played with voltages (i think my vcore is 1.69 and DDR is 2.6) I don't want to if poss.
My temps are about 36oC idle and 40oC under full load.

Any Ideas?

Thanks.

raising the vcore a bit would help i think
usually if you up your clock speed, raising the vcore helps for stability

Thanks for the reply

any idea what to??

Also is there anything else I could do as I don't really fancy raising voltages?

thanks ill do a bios update i think then put the voltage up.

What do you think is a safe voltage? I think my board will do 1.85v and the chip is recommended at 1.65v.

again, just try small amounts of about 2 tenths or so until your system becomes more stable.

it's really hard to say exactly what to bump it to because all rigs are different, but just try experimenting until you get something you like. :)

i have my chip stable @ 1.8, i think it ran stable at 1.775, can't remember though, it's clocked at 2.3G, my 2500

k lads, an update...

I tried 185 external clock at up to 1.8v its fine in windows but when i run 3dMark2001se I get big black triangles appearing on the screen in the first test.
I am running my memory at optimal ie 2.5-3-3-7 360MHz dual channel mode. vdimm 2.6v

Any other suggestions would be very helpful.

disable your dual mode on the memory and set your meory timings to "by SPD". you are using incorrect memory configuration, that is your bottleneck. dual channel is for integrated video only. set your voltages back down.

so will this allow a higher overclock or will it just allow the memory to run at 400MHz??

Sorry if this is a stupid question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom