Sempron 64 or Athlon XP 3000+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Semperon processors are designed for servers, not for gaming. As a result, a system with a Semperon will perform better in multitasking than a system with an Athlon XP. However, the Athlon system would probably produce better gaming performance
Erm, the Sempron is a low cost alternative to the higher performance Athlon, much like the Celeron and Pentium, and is popular in office enviroments. The AMD Opteron processors are built for server use

My Sempron is the s754 but i'm not too sure if it's the 64bit,The first time i did the test's it was a totally fresh build with no clutter and nothing hogging up resource's or the like's,I just done them again after a little cleaning and they really aren't too far off but they have droped
Hmm, well then your benchmarks do make sense, although popping some PC3200 in your machine would further boost performance. Semprons are a lot better than the Celeron alternative though and can actually compete competetively with some slower Athlon 64s, so you got a decent processor for a good price

Your pictures are thumbnail size :p

gaara said:
Hmm, well then your benchmarks do make sense, although popping some PC3200 in your machine would further boost performance. Semprons are a lot better than the Celeron alternative though and can actually compete competetively with some slower Athlon 64s, so you got a decent processor for a good price

Your pictures are thumbnail size :p

Fixed the pic's for ya :D

The next thing i want to pop in is some decent ram,This sempron totally eat's my old 2.4 celery alive,Not bad for a $80 cpu :p

Nice, that Sempron slaughters the other CPUs in the arithmetic benches I see, and comes damn close to the 3200+ in the multimedia ones

Not bad for an $80 processor indeed

arandalle said:
Semperon processors are designed for servers, not for gaming. As a result, a system with a Semperon will perform better in multitasking than a system with an Athlon XP. However, the Athlon system would probably produce better gaming performance

LOL! try running a celeron for a server

AMD Athlon is defeinitely better than a Sempron. I dont know anything about AMD, but i think a Sempron is just like a celeron and an Athlon is like a pentium 4

I rather to buy the AMD Sempron 64, it will work much better, because anthlon xp 3000, gets hot alot and middle of no where your computer restarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom