Zalman CNPS 7700 CU

Status
Not open for further replies.

stone

Beta member
OK i jsut bought a DFI lan party nf4 sli dr mobo ...and amd 64 3700+ ...corsair 3200 xms pro ram ...the ones with the heat spreaders and led's ..well anyway i also bought the zalman 7700 cu heat sink fan ...it is freaking huge ...their site says the my mobo is compatable with out the vga cooler installed ...well i am wondering if i can get my memory in there ...looks like i can use slot one and slot two ...but three and four ...i dunno ..if anyone knows please help ...thx :)

i've heard of those zalman coolers being so big that they are in the way of RAM slots. if you want something smaller, than find somethign else.

Are you sure the RAM doesn't fit just under the lip of the copper sink with the 7700? You may have to put the RAM in first.

Failing that, if you're thinking of alternatives, the 7000 with the 92mm fan (instead of your 120mm) fits nicely with that mobo. It doesn't restrict access to any of the RAM slots.

Other than that, maybe you could look into getting the new 9500 from Zalman with the vertically-mounted fan and crazy 'figure of eight' heatpipes? I'm thinking of going for this option myself.

well from the measurments i took slot one and two are ok ...but the other two might be tight..thx for the reply's and if it does work i will post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom