Mobo Restart Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

olopbob

Baseband Member
I upgraded with the following:
DFI nForce2 Ultra 400 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU, Model "NFII ULTRA INFINITY"
CPU- AMD 2500/333 ATHLON XP BARTON R
DDRAM 512MB PC-2700
POWER SP- AGPB-P4ATX35F 2F 350W RT
80 gig hard drive master
60 gig hard drive slave (original hardware)

After upgrade I had to reregister XP home with Microsoft.
Did complete reformat and installation. Installed MoBo drivers.
Tried to install MS updates but SP1 would not install with message "do not recognize this version of windows" WHAT? Installed Vcom SS5 with netdefense firewall. On system restart firewall blocked O/E and internet access. On restarts system began to lockup after shutdown.Had to shutdown power
to restart. Reformatted and reinstalled XP, Service packs and critical updates reinstalled and MOBO software. Took break and put computer in standby. Upon return system had restarted and had critical error message system restarted without prompt. System locks on every restart and now have to power off (sometimes many times before it will boot) to restart. I contacted MS and talked to tech support who blamed MOBO. I ran sigverif on tech's recomendation and all components are verified.
Sorry if this to much imfo but I'm at the wits end, does anyone think it is MOBO and is there a test or fix to find out. I came here because I have read these forums and respect members
knowledge. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom