DFI lanparty UT sli-dr

Status
Not open for further replies.

BxSlipSk8718

In Runtime
hey my freind got thesame bord as me UT model though and on his raid array when installing windows gives him a error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL can any one help

This is a common problem and I have run into it more than enough times.

First thing to do is make sure your memory is working fine by running memtest for a few hours.

If memory turns out to not be the problem, go into your BIOS and disable all components that are not neccesary and remove all unneccesary periphiral cards (eg modems, sound cards, onboard LAN etc.) and try again. If this works, go back into the BIOS and turn them back on one by one and make sure the system boots. If it doesn't, one of your components probably has an IRQ conflict

If you successfully are able to install Windows, I suggest you install the HAL (Hardware abstraction layer) which allows you to manually assign IRQs and avoid conflicts

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;299340

Just out of interest, gaara. What causes these interup conflicts? Improper installation or faulty hardware? Also if memory were the problem, wouldn't you have a problem in the boot process itself?

Oh and to add to the original post. Are you using a single harddrive or two sata's. If it's a single you have to switch your sata option to ide, and in the case of 2 sata's you can set it to raid. I did have this issue when installing windows on my computer.

Basically every device has a default IRQ which it will use, for example floppy disk controller will always default to IRQ5. In rare occurances, two components will have the same IRQ, and Windows can't change the IRQ without a forced HAL, so the devices conflict with one another

gaara said:
Basically every device has a default IRQ which it will use, for example floppy disk controller will always default to IRQ5. In rare occurances, two components will have the same IRQ, and Windows can't change the IRQ without a forced HAL, so the devices conflict with one another
Thank you for your enlightenment :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom