Poor Graphics Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've ran 3dmark03 again and the score was 6800. My previous score was around 10500 without overclocking.

I noticed that all of the tests ran as good as normal except for the first flying one and both of the two CPU tests.

I found an online test (pcpitstop), and it showed that my processor was at 3400MHz as normal however it only measured to be at 1800MHz. Could this be what is making my graphics so bad. If so, what can I do to fix this now?

I say again: check your CPU & RAM frequencies in BIOS, and double-check in you OS with either XP's system info or a great little program called CPU-Z (Google it).

Check your CPU & GPU temperatures. How good is the airflow inside your case?

CPU and RAM frequencies are the same. CPUZ says my CPU speed is normal. However, that online test shows its only 37% as efficient as others with the same CPU. (Which have taken the test).

My airflow is crap, but it always has been. However, the temperatures are fine. Both ambient and while under stress.

Hmmm...

Are you sure you've ruled out some app (malicious or otherwise) hogging CPU and/or RAM usage? In task manager what is CPU utilisation like?

Basically, are you sure you're ruled out every single obvious trick in the book (which I doubt that you have, otherwise you'd be sorted ;)), other than a reformat at this stage ? Have you double-checked all settings in BIOS are optimised?...

Ya I run pcpitstop and my cpu is usually within 5-10% of others. You may have a CPU issue......Do what DoomUk said and check task manager etc. I wonder if there are other CPU tests we can do....when u run the 3dmark, what does it say your cpu speed is at the end? You may have to go to the comparison charts to find that.

What are your cpu temps under load, and have you ever messed with overclocking your CPU?

I've noticed the CPU temps have gone up quite a bit lately. However, I'm currently reformatting the computer, hoping it well correct the performance. Thanks for your help people.

After reformat it's back to its usual high performance :D However, I had to underclock the processor due to heat. But today I've installed a new heatsink and fan and the CPU only goes up to about 42°C under load.

I'm not sure whether the overall problem was soley due to the processor though, because after the reformat, games performed much better even though the processor was under half the speed as before.

Hugo82 said:
I've ran 3dmark03 again and the score was 6800. My previous score was around 10500 without overclocking.

I noticed that all of the tests ran as good as normal except for the first flying one and both of the two CPU tests.

I found an online test (pcpitstop), and it showed that my processor was at 3400MHz as normal however it only measured to be at 1800MHz. Could this be what is making my graphics so bad. If so, what can I do to fix this now?

MUhAHAH my 9800pro beats you. 7000 beat that. but too bad its back to normal

REFORMAT IS YOUR FRIEND!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom