Gaming system

Status
Not open for further replies.
the XFX is probably a "OCed version" sometimes graphics card makers lower the clock speeds and junk, and put them at a lower price. it really doesnt matter. but if you want to play on high i say go with the 430. or you can go with the 400 and OC to 430, cause i OCed with like 10% on my video card, and i got a 200point increase in 3dmark and i can play on hig settings with bf2

Rmaia said:
F.E.A.R is projected t release 10/18/2005 so its not far away at all.
I'm just saying hes doing this to save money right? Well it'd be less money just to buy a good X2 right now so he doesnt have to buy 2 processers. A good X2 ould perform better right now even so.

so the only game he can play before the "NEW" X2s come out. is going to be FEAR? and is FEAR taking the FULL advantage of dual core, we dont even know if its really supported, maybe 2-3 fps difference

Yeah, the 512Kb L2 Cache models do overclock better (don't ask me why) but tests have shown that the 512Kb verson of the 4200 overclocks much better than 1Mb version.

Hey that saves you around £20 :) *winks*

PZEROFGH said:
so the only game he can play before the "NEW" X2s come out. is going to be FEAR? and is FEAR taking the FULL advantage of dual core, we dont even know if its really supported, maybe 2-3 fps difference

I never said it was taking full advantage of it, I was just saying that the multi core support is not very far off. No I don't know what other games are introducing it but I'm sure there are alot. It's retarded to wait for the new X2's before buying one and in the mean time buying a single core. The new x2's of next year will not be cheap I assure you so why buy two processers when you could just buy one now and have the perks of X2 now. However; he cannot afford a good X2 atm and wants it now so hes going to buy a single core. Unless he starts making more money he will be in the same situation again soon. Instead I was saying I would wait until I had enough money to buy a very nice X2 now so I can be futureproof and done with it, spending less money to boot. I don't quite understand what you are getting at.

why doesnt he just stick with the system he has right now, and wait till next year to buy the new X2 and go full out for the best gaming rig, if he saves up

the system he has right now would be the one he actually has or the one he is building in this thread? If you mean the one he has now I would agree to an extent if he cant afford the best right now.

Good idea PZ :) I mea next year, the new dual cores certainly aren't going to be cheap (as Rmaia said), and so I'd start saving now with the money you do have, and then consider buying parts next year when even more technology and options are available to you.

the system he has right now would be the one he actually has or the one he is building in this thread? If you mean the one he has now I would agree to an extent if he cant afford the best right now.

i dont know what he has but im guessing its good

but for now, the system he has i think is sufficient enough, so when he wants to go all out for it, he can come in here and say i got blah blah blah with 4 eVGA 7800GTXs and 8GBs of ram. with 4.0Ghz amd X3s with triple core processor and blah blah

The PC right now is terrible. 600Mhz PIII, PC 100 RAM, 32mb Gfx card.

I have to hit the monitor to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom