X800GT vs. X800Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
beedubaya said:
X800GT is 8 pipes and X800 Pro is 12 pipes. X800 Pro is much better than the GT, but it can't come close to matching the Nvidia 6800 GT which is the same price as the X800 Pro. Basically, if you can afford an X800 Pro, you'd be stupid to buy either of those cards. Get the 6800 GT.

x800pro is not the same price...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102465

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814122209
259 bad example

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130215

GO LEADTEK!

Badboy said:
I never said the Nvidia doesnt have shadows. Its just a well-known bug in Americas Army that ATI card show shadows darker and more "prominant" (Is that the word?). Thats why I would prefer an ATI card. Maybe if a Nvidia BLOWS MY MIND FOR THE PRICE, then I could consider. But then again, I would prefer ATI.

You mean seeing people's shadows thru walls?

It's probolly because scum like you that I stopped playing AA.

Don't you remember that when dale first came here he wanted to sacrifice the performance of a 6800GT and get a more expensive less performing ATI card simply so he could see shadows through the walls and I called him a little cheating bastard for it.

He got all anal about it and tried saying that wasn't an exploit :rolleyes: and he hated me ever since that day muahahaha

nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia! nvidia!

anyways if your in that price range go with the leadtek 6800GT for 259 after rebate, WHAT A STEAL!!!!

If you must use an ATI card, go with the x850XT Platinum. Since the nVIDIA 7800 cards came out, the price has dropped form around $475 to about $325. This card will perform better than any other one on the market (besides the 7800), and outperforms 2 nVIDIA 6800 Ultra cards in SLI mode in some areas.

Despite the x850XTPE's great performance, the nVIDIA 7800GTX and GTX - C/KO is still the best card on the market. You should be able to pick one up for around $400. As for your preference of ATI over nVIDIA, i have two words of advice.

Things Change.

Nvidia has, fortunatly, learned from its GeForce 5950 flop and is producing competitive products (and, right now, the best products) It would be in your best intrest to consider this before you buy an ATI product.

DJ-CHRIS said:

Scum like me? Im not about to get myself banned because I just registered for these forums but you have NO RIGHT to come on here and call me scum. If you truely believe that having an ATI card is a cheat, how about you go talk to the MANY people who have them. I have played Americas Army for over 2 years and I have gotten my butt wooped but you know what.. I have never blaimed it on, "They have ATI, they are scum cheaters!", but a lack of skill. So dont come on here calling me scum, I just would prefer one card over another due to some abilities it has in the game of my choice. You can choose to think that I "cheat" but keep it to yourself. Thanks..

PS- If you read this, tell me what version of AA you played and what was your name in game. Thanks.

Badboy said:
I just noticed something..

In your specs you have the X800 Pro, why do you say that Ide be stupid if you have the X800Pro and not the 6800GT?

I have an X800 Pro and regret getting it because the 6800 GT is a far superior card. I just couldn't bring myself to throw away my $400-at-the-time X800Pro for a 6800GT....I value money a little more than that.

beedubaya said:
I have an X800 Pro and regret getting it because the 6800 GT is a far superior card. I just couldn't bring myself to throw away my $400-at-the-time X800Pro for a 6800GT....I value money a little more than that.

Understandable. Thats what I was figuring.

Hey,
Sorry to hijack this thread.... But did anyone else happen to notice this guy's specs? Must be nice to own (I'm assuming) a computer company!

Posted by arandalle
System Specs:

Randalletech(R) Phoenix(R) Signature Series Luxury Desktop Computer
Serial # 295-487-1

AMD Athlon FX-57 CPU Not OC'd
Randalletech Vapor phase change cooling system (210w)
9x Maxator Atlas 74GB 15,000RPM (SAS) SCSI HDDs in
3x RAID 5 arrays
3x Hitachi Deskstar 500GB SATA HDDs in RAID 5 array
2x nVIDIA 7800 GTX-KO VGA cards in SLI mode /w/ dedicated liquid GPU cooling. OC'd.
4GB DDR-400 system RAM in Dual-channel config. (4x 1GB modules)
Dual Creative X-FI Pro Sound Cards, each with 64MB dedicated RAM
1 attached to Onkyo TX-NR1000 Reciever with 7.1 surrond config.
1 attached to Yamaha RX-Z9 Reciever with 2.1 surround config.
2x 850 Watt PSUs
2x HDTV Tuners, 1 attached to each reciever.
2x 16x dual layer SATA DVD Burners
PCI slot expantion technology
2x 24" LCD displays
2x PSTFT LCD projectors
Plus Randalletech(R) exclusive features
(I will post on profile when my company's site; http://www.randalletech.com/ beccomes opporational on Sept. 30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom