Transfering data

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMassacre

In Runtime
I want toback up all my data on discs. This comp does not have a burner but another one in the house does. So I want to send all data over to it and burn it. I mean all my images, screensavers, programs, etc. Is there any easy way to do it or am I stuck sending each one, one at a time?

You can either plug the machines into eachother with an ethernet cable, or you can use your "workgroup" and setup shares on eachother if you are both behind a router. either way.

I play docotor for five...Docotor?? I had to point that out. :)

U could take the harddrive out and set it as a slave on the other pc and transfer it that way, it would be faster than sending it over the network

I play docotor for five...Docotor?? I had to point that out

Well thanks for pointing it out, I didnt notice that. bradybnmci, what do you mean by workgroup? Not sure what that is.

Warez Monster said:
U could take the harddrive out and set it as a slave on the other pc and transfer it that way, it would be faster than sending it over the network

I see you haven't tried gigabit networking yet. it is fast as heck. when technology catches up. it will be even faster

DarkMassacre said:
I want toback up all my data on discs. This comp does not have a burner but another one in the house does. So I want to send all data over to it and burn it. I mean all my images, screensavers, programs, etc. Is there any easy way to do it or am I stuck sending each one, one at a time?
Hey!
Why don't you use CD-burner from another PC (just plug it to yours)?
Also I think it better to use some hard disk image software. As if you just copy your programs files, I don't think they will continue working properly.
You could just create an exact image of your drive (with all apps and data) and burn on CD (as you want), due to highest level compression it takes not much space. And you'll be able to restore it anytime on any disk. I always use this way to make backup of my system in case of crahe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom