Gaming system

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say the 4000 purely because it's a more recent model. I don't there will be much difference between then two, altthough I hear a lot about the 3700 San Diegos.......Don't know if that's good or bad really??

4000+ san diego, sense it has a higher clock speed and your not going to be OCing very much, but you CAN save money and go with a 3700+ and OC to 4000+ speeds

F.E.A.R is trying to support dual pros and they already have a demo out. You have no idea how close they are. I don't really understand your logic considering you may save money now but later when you need a dual core you will have to buy another one.. meaning you are spending more money when you could pay a little more for a 4400 or 4800 x2 toledo and have a nice pro for awhile now and then. Hell even a X2 4200 will be going strong even through when software support dual pros. I wouldnt get a X2 3800 though, that one will be obsolete by the time dual pros are pretty much needed.

when is FEAR coming out? next year? or what. cause hes saying by the time that comes, there will be better dual cores out there. like saying buying a 2005 car in the middle of 2005, but if you wait a little while, there will be a newer one 2006 model. so you might as wait and get the 2006 model, senes its newer and better then the old one. and then if he gest the X2 he wont be able to see any big performance to see dual core processor supported games, by then there will be better cores outthere

Also it's not as if you won't be able to run F.E.A.R on an AMD 64 4000 CPU...It will just mean X2 CPUs do slightly better.

Also didm't this happen with 64 technology also? :D

When I "Have" to buy a dual core CPU it will be a few years time. As I said game developers are not going to move over to dual core "ONLY" games any time soon. They might move over to dual/single core games but moving over to dual core only games would mean everyone has to change their setup...this would mean a lot less people would buy the PC games and probably move over to consoles.

As a result they will wait until Dual core CPUs cost the same as you average single is now before making that move.

F.E.A.R is projected t release 10/18/2005 so its not far away at all.
I'm just saying hes doing this to save money right? Well it'd be less money just to buy a good X2 right now so he doesnt have to buy 2 processers. A good X2 ould perform better right now even so.

I'm with Rmaia on this one, dual cores ar the way to go, and the nearest set of 'new' dual cores are not until mid next year, and by then many games will use the dual core technology. I mean for the price of a 4000, all you need is lik £70 for a 4200 which isn't much now. In say like 6 months time when dual core is used quite extensively, and you want to upgrade to a dual core processor, then your 4000 will be worth hardly anything, and you end up spending £250 on the 4000, then another £200 on a dual core. If he gets the dual core now, he spends say £320 maximum, but if you can't stretch your budget, you can't streth your budget! But will you be wanting to get rid of your 4000 in 6 months time for less than half the price? And are you willing to fork out nealry the same amount of money again for dual core that you could have got 6 months prior?

Just my thoughts on the subject!

I can't afford it.I was scraping the barell trying to get a AMD 64 X2 4200 and I can't justify that extra cost if I am not going to get the best out of it until a years time.

The AMD 64 4000 will still be able to run games at a decent speed even when Dual cores are supported. All it means is duel cores are brought into the mix, not that they will take over single cores.

Perhaps the makers of fear are talking about introducing duel core support just to hype up the game even more :D

but seriously, are you going to be running an anti-virus program or cecking your email while playing doom3 or something?

RedUK said:
I can't afford it.I was scraping the barell trying to get a AMD 64 X2 4200 and I can't justify that extra cost if I am not going to get the best out of it until a years time.

The AMD 64 4000 will still be able to run games at a decent speed even when Dual cores are supported. All it means is duel cores are brought into the mix, not that they will take over single cores.

Perhaps the makers of fear are talking about introducing duel core support just to hype up the game even more :D

Well if it's money thats the issue then you needa do what you need to do. It will be sooner than a year though, I promise you. If I were you I'd wait until I had enough money so I could buy a toledo cored X2 instead of being stuck with a 4000 single but thats me.

Just wondering...How come the Asus 7800GTX and the MSI 7800GTX have 400Mhz cores. All the other have 430Mhz cores and the XFX has a 450Mhz core?

Is the Asus a good one to go with even though it only has a 400Mhz core.

P.S

Apparently the 512kb cache X2 CPUs overclock better...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom