Gaming system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the big question you have to ask yourself is are you going to SLi in the future? I kbnow you have said no to this already, but if you decide to, you're going to be running two 7800GTXs, and well they need 550W minimum in SLi mode to work (well that's what I've heard). If your not going to SLi in the future, nor overclock your system to the limit, then the 535W will be absolutely fine for you.

I might overclock a very little bit just for satisfaction...Squeeze another 200Mhz. And i know for a fact I will not run SLi (Can't afford it).

the deceived said:
Yeah I understand where you're coming from, but like we've said, we won't be overclocking, and even if we do it will be very little amounts. Most of my friends have had XFX geForce cards before, and they've always been 100% fine for the duration of their lifetime until they upgrade. I feel the only time a warranty comes into play is when YOU do something to put it into dispute. And even if we were overclocking, it breaks the warranty as soon as you overclock, so I doubt the card will break with stock settings.

But if it breaks, so be it. I'll have to test out their warranty terms! It'll be on my head.

how does OCing have to do anythiung with warranty?

You overclock too hard and it breaks, then you have no fall back on the warranty. And don't say that you can just say to them 'it broke under stock conditions' because they test the hardware before a replacement or refund is given.

RedUK said:
I might overclock a very little bit just for satisfaction...Squeeze another 200Mhz. And i know for a fact I will not run SLi (Can't afford it).

looks like hes not OCing

I have decided not to go for an AMD X2 CPU after all.."Why?" because by the time The current X2 CPUs are being utilised properly in games they will be obselete. Everyone will be going on about the AMD 512 X10 9800 Helsinki with 10mb cache (extreme example to make a point). And as soon as duel core CPUs have become mainstream I shall buy one :D.

----

I have made this decision based on various review I have read and the following facts:

1. I have never done video editting.
2. I never really run more than one app at once. (apart from virus update etc...)
3. By the time games do actually run for duel cores much better ones will be out.
4. I don't want to spend £1290 on a new PC and end up with a CPU that cannot unleash it's whole power...And play games for around a year at the same rate than Cpus that cost about half the price.

AMD 64 X2s are great, but they are not for everyone. game developers will not move over to duel core only games in the near future due to the fact they want to sell as many games as possible, thus will create games for the mass market.

P.S If the worst comes to the worst I will get the best AMD X2 CPU for Christmas :)

OK then, well thanks for getting back to us about it :) I take it you'll be going for either the 3700 San Diego core, or the 4000 San Diego?

very good REDUK, and you do make a point, by the time games will support dual core, everyone will have a dual core processor thats better then the 3800 with that new socket m2. or i really dont know. so just go with a 3700+ san diego. and save some money, around 100 dollars. i can build you a E900 gaming machine, thats can play games on high..or are you set?

I'm pretty much set, Just need to decide between the 4000 San Diego and the 3700 San Diego.. I will get which is best, because I am no longer stretching the CPU budget money is not an issue.

If you could choose between the 3700 or the 4000 which would you get?

F.E.A.R is trying to support dual pros and they already have a demo out. You have no idea how close they are. I don't really understand your logic considering you may save money now but later when you need a dual core you will have to buy another one.. meaning you are spending more money when you could pay a little more for a 4400 or 4800 x2 toledo and have a nice pro for awhile now and then. Hell even a X2 4200 will be going strong even through when software support dual pros. I wouldnt get a X2 3800 though, that one will be obsolete by the time dual pros are pretty much needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom