Annoying Windows XP "Open" & "Save As" dialog box problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

cedjunior

Daemon Poster
Ok I'm asking this on behalf of my girlfriend since I have no clue what could be causing this. Its really more of an annoyance than a problem.

When ever she wants to open something when using an application and the "Open" dialog box comes up, all her files are listed in reverse alphabetical order no matter how many times she sets it to "Arrange Icons By > Name" in the dialog box. It also happens when the "Save As" dialog box comes up with all the files displayed in reverse alpabetical order. When she is viewing the contents of a folder though, everything shows normally, this only happens when those 2 dialog boxes are displayed. Any one know what could cause this? Thanks.

Is it all folders or a specific one? If so go into the source problem folder and arrange the items the way you want and hold the CTRL button down while you hit the red X to close the window. See if that does anything for you.

Click on name which will put it on alpha. order or reverse alpha. order. I just download something and saved it to my document, it came up in alpha. order but when I went to my documents, it was reverse alpha order. Try it

Its in all folders, she has tried going to folder options. When she does set the folders to show up in alphabetical order, the next time the dialog box comes up when she is saving or opening something they are back in reverse alphabetical order.

ok ... sledge hammer way now....

Go into your my computer|C:|Documents and Settings|*find the username she uses|rename that folder to like xxxx.old.

You can only rename this folder if that account is not being used.
So login with a local admin acct or someother acct with adm permissions... once you are done and have logged back in, to recreate the local profile you MUST remember to copy over the "Desktop, Favorites, and My documents folders".

hey leave all these stuffs just go to folder arrage it by name fo to folder option from tool menu and click on "remember each folder settings" that will do the proceedings for u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom