Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is different. It is NT but they made some changes to it from what i remember reading abou this. I could be wrong but from my knowledge it is a different NT than 2000 and XP.

Makaveli213 you are wrong. Server 2003 does use NT code and if you don't want to call it Server 2003 it's other proper name is NT5.3. When Vista was first in alpha phases it used XP as it's foundation then they scraped everything and restarted with Server 2003 SP1 as it's fondation as it's more secure. Vista is now at a stage where Server 2003 drivers will not work anymore at least this is true with my own driver set at least.

Windows NT = Windows NT 3.1
Daytona = Windows NT3.5
Cairo = Windows NT4.0
no codename = NT5.0 = Windows 2000
Whistler = NT5.1 = Windows XP
Whistler Server = NT5.3 = Windows Server 2003
Longhorn = NT6.0 = Vista

Clear any errors you find

Okay so i am right and wrong. It is NT code but it is not the same as the NT code used for XP. As for the driver issue i have gotten my eithernet driver from the 2003 which works flawlessly. That is why some of you XP drivers wont work with Vista but the 2003 driver will. That is what i have come across. It might also work installing the drivers in Compatability mode but it wont always be successful. That is why i stated yo can use 2003 drivers if the XP dont work.

Makaveli213 said:
Okay so i am right and wrong. It is NT code but it is not the same as the NT code used for XP. As for the driver issue i have gotten my eithernet driver from the 2003 which works flawlessly. That is why some of you XP drivers wont work with Vista but the 2003 driver will. That is what i have come across. It might also work installing the drivers in Compatability mode but it wont always be successful. That is why i stated yo can use 2003 drivers if the XP dont work.

why can't you force vista to work on a gigabit card? it think that it is a 10/100 network card, so it won't even work, even though it think the card is working

Is there a way to bypass the "must be trusted driver" that is enployed in Vista. I cannot live without my moniter/video/audio drivers when the final product comes out.

im sure there will be compatible drivers when vista comes out, they just cant exclude everyone who has a Realtek AL650 Audio Chip or a Radeon 9600XT gpu because of a driver problem.

EricB said:
why can't you force vista to work on a gigabit card? it think that it is a 10/100 network card, so it won't even work, even though it think the card is working

I got the it to work i just had to get the 2003 drivers not the XP ones. That solved my problem without having to force it.

tyler as far as i have seen and heard there are ways but it depends on the device. I had an issue with my Audigy ZS 2 and the creative driver so i had to use the kX projects drivers to get sound out of my Audigy. As far as Video i dont know yet. Lots of people are having problems with the Video since they dont have a Direct X 9 video card. With out a Direct X 9 card you cant use the effects properly.(Transparency) Some people report that have been sucessful with getting them on non DX9 cards but their sucess has not been duplicated.

There has been issue for people to install Vista a nForce RAID setups. As far as i know only like 1 or 2 people have actually done it but they used a work around of some sort.

Makaveli213 said:
I got the it to work i just had to get the 2003 drivers not the XP ones. That solved my problem without having to force it.

tyler as far as i have seen and heard there are ways but it depends on the device. I had an issue with my Audigy ZS 2 and the creative driver so i had to use the kX projects drivers to get sound out of my Audigy. As far as Video i dont know yet. Lots of people are having problems with the Video since they dont have a Direct X 9 video card. With out a Direct X 9 card you cant use the effects properly.(Transparency) Some people report that have been sucessful with getting them on non DX9 cards but their sucess has not been duplicated.

There has been issue for people to install Vista a nForce RAID setups. As far as i know only like 1 or 2 people have actually done it but they used a work around of some sort.

I going to try that. I also have the nforce setup

does anyone know what the minimum processor speed and ram required for windows vista is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom