A Computer Building Guide.....by Elbatrop1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post, I'm building a new computer also. I can only afford to build it one component at a time because i'm saving up for a new car. I was going to create a checklist but i guess that part is already done. Thanks bro.

Picked up an All in Wonder 9600 Pro today.

yea instead of just saying cpu paste like someone else said say AS5, I still cannot believe that they took of my Sticky took me hard work for that. LOL also say thaat AMD is better for Gaming and Intel is more for a buisness I am sure that they will like that.

what about using your old computers equipment in your new computer

what about using your old computers equipment in your new computer

I have upgraded to a new amd64 3000 processor and chaintech s1689 motherboard 512 3200 ram and case.
but used my old hard drive it didnt work. because my old hard drive was not booting windows.

I lost my original windows Me boot disks. All I have is the purchased Windows XP Upgrade disc.
It will not boot from that disk.

I have gotten some advice to reinstall windows but all I have is the Upgrade cd and it will not work. What options do I have as far as just getting windows working thru some downloaded boot disc. and then when windows works. Upgradeing to XP using My Windows XP Upgrade CD.

Frustrated,
Evan

That isn't hardware related. Windows will not because it's part of it's security if you change a magor hardware component. Your drivers are also now for the wrong hardware causing errors as well you need to reformate using your disc which I don't think an upgrade disc will do.

just built dells top o the line gaming computer on newegg (trying to match the componits, I love how dell doesn't have brand names) and there cost was 4150 or close and i built a rather generously priced intel :( for $3,200 and could have gotten better performing parts at cheaper prices but decided to let dell have the benefit of the doubt. I feel sorry for any one with a dell. Don't get me wrong there decent comps, but highly overpriced. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom