DVD Drive Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
to get it back to dma mode, you have to uninstall your ide drivers and reboot

I unistalled the nvidia drivers and rebooted, but Windows only recognizes my DVD-ROM not my DVD-RW. Same problem I've had before.

unistall your windows ide drivers too (with your dvd drives), then reboot. if that don't work, then you got it hooked up on old ide cable or you need to reinstall windows

Ok. I'll give it a try. I did a windows re-install the other night, but that's when I started having all the problems. I suspect I may have to (arghhh.....) reformat and start from scratch. I was hoping to avoid that...again. :mad:

Thanks for the help. I'll give that a try also. I reinstalled windows last week in an attempt to correct this problem. When that didn't work, I figured I'd give you guys a try. I have a hunch, I'm going to have to (arghhhh...) format the HDD and reinstall windows...clean to correct the problem. I was trying to avoid that.

Question though...If the IDE cable was bad, the drive shouldn't be recognized on POST, right?

if it is old a$$ cable, it can't move at the fast speed of today's drive's, which will explain it being stuck in pio mode.

did you ever uninstall window ide drivers?
check in your bios and see if your cd is set to auto mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom