My Creative X-fi Platinum Is On It's Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.P. Mguire said:
Damn, sounds nice. Wish i had that kinda dough to get a better card.

Well, how old are you?

I'm an old man at the ripe age of 30 - lol ... And have 2 jobs, work hard and buy toys to keep myself happy. You only live once so you might as well do what you really wanna do while you're here right?

Well, my X-FI Fatal1ty Package just arrived.

I have to go to work soon so i'm going to install it later when I get home. After some testing i'll let everyone know what's up...

I love new toys....

X-Fi cards rule. period.

I have 2 X-Fi Elite Pro Sound Cards in my gaming comp , and the x-fi is definately the best card i've ever used. Sound quality is amazing, and the controller software is the best i've seen so far in a non-professional card.

Just a bit of advice: unless you're going 2 connect it to at least 5.1 speakers, its a waste of money. The Audigy 4 or 2 will sound almost as good. Also, if you're not planning on connectiong an external recciever or other device (ex: my system is connected to 2), get the X-Fi XtremeMusic or the Audigy 4. It costs less, and wont fill up a drive bay with ports youre not going 2 use.

Very interested to hear your results, I have the 5500's as well, and have been looking for a good sound card to go with them. Keep us posted....

Audio = Creative X-FI Fatal1ty
Speakers = Logitech z5500 5.1

The first thing i noticed right away is that the 24bit Crystalizer is no freakin' joke. MP3's sound absolutely incredible. More crisp & clean, tighter highs and deeper lows... Even if the MP3 files are crappy... It does an amazing job at making them sound much, much better.

DVD Movies (THX) Starwars... WOW only word to describe it.

Front Panel Drive is really nice also. Lot's of plug and play, nicer then going to the back side of the PC.

So far the only (2) games that i've played with X-FI installed are HL2 & Battlefield 2. "BF2 with X-FI Audio enabled in the Audio settings does provide a noticable difference is sound." There seems to be far more sounds with X-FI then the Audigy 2 ZS & others. Also each sound is very, very distinct. You can basically hear every sound, regardless of the difference in volume of each. So, if you are crawling in prone through grass, you can clearly hear the grass rustle while artillery is being dropped near by...

As far as X-FI taking the load off of the CPU during gaming.... I can't really comment on this. I haven't ran benchmarks or anything to confirm or deny it. I didn't notice any framerate difference will running "FRAPS".

It's possible that games will need to be written to take advantage or X-FI (Supported) in order to lighten CPU load? Kinda like (Dual Core's) and gaming....

Regardless of everything... This Card is incredible and is worth the purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom