Virtual Memory Error Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_NO_Nothing

Baseband Member
I was playin Americas Army on...after playing for a while it shut the program down and popped up with a virtual memory error page...I have 1g of ram..60g hard drive...Radeon 256 video card..Athalon XP Processor 1.6ghz....what could my problem be...
any help appreciated...thanks...its on a compaq pesario 6000

unfortanley that is not the answer i was looking for....you see some people do not have a lot of cash just to drop down on building the perfect pc...some have to make do with what they have...so in the future keep you biased opinions to yourself

agreed, I only have a 1.6 with a 5200, however it runs games VERY well. Must upgrade the vidcard when I can. Anyhow, to the problem. I assume you are getting a VM low error? Please be more specific on that. If so, check the VM settings and I would suggest setting the min and max to the SAME amount, that way there is no dynamic VM sizing going on. Not alot of speed diff, but a little (maynot even be noticible). If its a different error, please post the details of it. At work, so maybe a bit before I reply.

Yea it was a Virtual Memory Low error message. I was pissed and turned the computer off...started it back up about an hour later and it has worked fine since....

also today....about 5-8 times...it cut off and came up with a General Protection Fault for the ATI Radeon video card

check DM in safe mode and look at the vid see if there are multiple cards listed. uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

If you're getting a low virtual memory message, then you need to increase your page file size or eliminate some other programs you may have running and eating up memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom