Samsung 997MB CRT monitor - strange problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

vxt

Solid State Member
My new Samsung 997MB flat CRT monitor has wierd problems. Pixels on the right side is slightly compressed, really noticeable if you work with precise graphics.

For example: if a desktop icon is 8 mm wide on the left side its 7.4 mm on the right. But the whole screen doesn't look squished or bent in anyway. Yet a photo changes hugely in proportions when I move it from side to side, specially noticeable with portraits.

It also has a subtle red cast on the left top area and shadow patches all over the screen, not too subtle either.

I can't seem to find a way to contact Samsung.

Can this be a driver problem? It seems to me the CRT busted and cannot be fixed. But I still hope it can be fixed by some kind of adjustment I'm overlooking, because I don't want the hassle of sending it back for another one.

Thanks very much Kubel.

I tried reset. same thing.. in all resolutions.

I will try another power outlet but I'm doubtful thats the case.

Also my unsheilded speakers are about 4 feet away. They didn't bother my old CRT unless I placed the monitor right next to the woofer. I'll try moving the speakers out of the very room. But again I'm doubtful. Looks like I have to send it back afterall. Still hope I can solve it with help from this forum.

Thanks!

have you checked your monitor settings? video card settings? tried different resolutions?

I did try every resolution. Same exact problem. Also, it can't handle refresh rates above 70 even at 1152x864. But its suppose to work at 1600x1200 at 75 Hertz. There is very noticeable blur at the top area at 85 Hertz at 1152x1200. Corners are blurry at every resolution and refresh rates.

997MB is supposed to be DynaFlat, which means perfectly flat but it looks more like its made to appear flat using lens type screen.

I just tried with my unshielded speakers far away from the monitor and PC. No change at all.

I'm hugely disappointed with Samsung. First the HD crash and now this. I will send it back in a few days I guess.

I'm going to get a Viewsonic CRT. Is there anything bad about Viewsonic?

Ya try a viewsonic, sounds like a bad monitor. They are never flat just use flat screens in front of the curved screen....I also heard good things about lacie crts.

Yes, heard good things about Lacie too.

Looks like there are no store that sell Viewsonic OR Lacie around here. What a bummer! I don't want to buy online if its coming from far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom