cheap effecient HS/F

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would do a bios update/flash, but the comp keeps shutting down, I'm afraid that it'll shutdown during the flash and then I'll have a dead comp.

The MBM monitor did say negative 51, but I changed the sensor to the correct sensor and it read a little below what the bios read.

Maybe I'll just keep the case open till payday when I get a Thermaltake 10+ or extreme 12.

just get a regular deskfan or one of those floor fans, blowing inside the case. that should keep it cool for now

I put my hand inside the case to feel the temp myself, it feels like it's boiling. And for comparason, my Prescott 3.2 runs at full load no more than 45c.

Something's up, if it's not really that hot, than why has it been restarting so often (with the overheat alarm)? And why has it just started lately? The only thing I can think of is the video card I recently installed, but it's cooler than the last one I had (both are FX 5200).

theres probably no thermal paste, you should take out the heatsink and see if theres anything junk on the bottom or on the cpu

Spring for a $3 can of compressed air and blow the HS/F out good.

You could also try a new fan on the heat sink. Your fan might be failing on your.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom