Gaming system

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I'm ever going to use SLi in the future. Also what is the difference between the Gigabyte K8NF-9 nForce4 and the Gigabyte K8NF-9 nForce4 Ultra?

Thanks.

Erm, I don't really know but I'm guessing that you'll get more features with the Ultra version????

Did you see my post about my 19" CRT monitor for sale by any chance?

Yes I did, I don't think I would have room for a 19" monitor :D although I would love one :(.

I'm stil labout £30 over budget..Any ideas?

What would be the problem with using an Asus A8N-SLi nForce4 SLi boards? I think thats the only way I would be able to afford a PC with both the X2 4200 and 7800GTX

Another way would be to move the power supply down from 600w to 535w. Would that be a problem?

Well you said that you didn't want an SLi board becuase you don't think you will in the near future. So I suggest you for a good board that doesn;t have any SLi capabilities (it'll save around £20 - £30). Try out these boards and say what you think :):

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/MSI_Socket_939.html - third one down the list

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Socket_939.html - third one down the list

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/ASUS_Socket_939.html - possibly even the one 5th down the list if your after a cheaper board

But out of them I would suggest the MSI board. In terms of of your PSU, I would agree and go down to the Enermax 535W. I mean you save yourself £20, and as your not going to go into SLi, you won't really need anything over 500W.

So I mean you save £20 on the PSU, but the motherboard is going to be hard to save on. I'm guessing that the Asus A8N SLi motherboard you put down was the basic model they do, and costs around the £85-£90 mark? If it is, then you won't be saving anything on getting a good motherboard without SLi. But if the motherboard you stated was say the Deluxe version, then you are saving yourself around £20 again.

So you save £40 overall (which gives you £10 to buy fans for your case :))

Huzzah! I did it. Tell me what you think.

AMD Athlon64 X2 4200 512K Retail
Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLi nForce4
Warrior Gamers Case - Black (Y1A)
Corsair Value Select 2x512MB PC3200
80GB Maxtor DiamondMax+9 133/7200
16X Samsung DVD-ROM Black
XFX GeForce 7800GTX 256MB PCI-E
17" Iiyama Vision Master 1403 Black
3½" Silver Floppy Drive
Enermax Noisetaker 535W ATX V2.0

EDIT:

£1292 :D (damn my love for the number 2!)

:O Where did you get that price from???? The spec looks awesome but I have got the comp in my sig for less than £1600! You are building it yourself right?

£1290 I just realised and ran down stairs to change it... Obviously I was too late.. Anyway..it's £1290..I repeat £1290

ordering in about 3 days. Just need to wait for the money transfer between banks...I mean..with modern technology it should be instant. NatWest need to get themselves an AMD 64 X2! (Well actually they just delay it so they can earn money).

Then it takes 5 days for the PC to be built and 1 day for dispatch...Unfortunately this is "working days" so I should have it a week on monday..the 19th of September...In time for Black and White 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom