Gaming Mice

Status
Not open for further replies.
what wrong with cordless.

The G7 had fast RF so it is supposed to be just as fast as wired.

"The G7´s full-speed, bi-directional USB connection sends a blazing 500 reports/second* over 2.4 GHz wireless for a bulletproof connection." -Copied from Logitech's website.

But then Logitech would say that about their own product! I agree with the majority, get a mouse with a cord, much better response, and no chance of it lagging.

I dont think it will lag at all. I have a cheap wireless mouse now and it works fine (no lag or connection problems), but it just has a 400dpi optical sensor. I want one with 2000dpi laser. And if the G7 is at all better than the one I have now, it will have no problems. And it should be better considering the higher bandwidth and FastRF compared to my normal RF. And if the G7 is called a gaming mouse, I'm sure it will be just as good as a wired mouse.

Like how wired ethernet is 100Mbps and they have wireless at 108Mbps. Wireless can be just as good.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all wireless mice lagg, I'm just saying I've had experiences where they do. The last time I owned one was 6 months ago, and it was OK for a while but it lagged every now and then (not major laggs, just noticeable), and I had a look at the G7, and yeah I agree with you Sport1031, it does look good for a wireless.

But like you said, I'd want a laser mouse ultimately!

Sport1031 said:
I dont think it will lag at all. I have a cheap wireless mouse now and it works fine (no lag or connection problems), but it just has a 400dpi optical sensor. I want one with 2000dpi laser. And if the G7 is at all better than the one I have now, it will have no problems. And it should be better considering the higher bandwidth and FastRF compared to my normal RF. And if the G7 is called a gaming mouse, I'm sure it will be just as good as a wired mouse.

Like how wired ethernet is 100Mbps and they have wireless at 108Mbps. Wireless can be just as good.

In reality 108Mbps wifi will never ever ever go over 50 meg of thruput

Still the point is there would be no noticible difference between a high quality wireless mouse and a wired mouse.

Yeah, it sure is! I love it, and it's one of the best buys I've made in the PC world of gaming :D Well done Logitech!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom