Computer Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuck b

Beta member
Ok I've Just boughtn a New computer From tigerdirect Motherboard is Soyo SY-K7V DRAGON PLUS!....AMD Athlon XP 1500+/384k Cache/266MHz FSB/Socket A Processor with Palomino Core.........Ultra 256MB PC2100 DDR 266MHz Memory.....Maxtor 40GB / 7200 / 2MB / 8.0 / ATA-133 EIDE Hard Drive...Connect3D Radeon 9200se 128MB DDR AGP with TV-Out Video Card..........Ok So I have WINDOWS XP PRO on there now and i have done all the updates and I have done Defrags Scan disk Virus scans....::::The problem When im doing anything on the computer like Say if im Useing Wimamp listening to music and Surfing the Web My computer just shuts down Out of no were without warning or anything Ive tryed Reinstalling windows And everything. I have put memturbo on it and It shows my Ram just running out Even with nothing but say MSN messanger running Then it gets low (2-4) and shuts off ...My bios version is K7VXA-2BA4....Im just wounding if anyone could help me out or if maybe flashing My Bios Would fix it....Anyother info just ask Thanks For any help you can give me

As I see it there are two likely scenarios.

Either a program that is running in the background is 'leaking memory'. Try starting up in safemode to see if the same thing happens.

Your memory is faulty :(

my suggestion is to first use the restore CD if they gave you one. if not i would exchange the computer since you say you just bought it. tigerdirect is a solid company and will gladly help you get it solved through tech support. you should mindful of their exchange policy, don't procrastinate too long.

i had a asus mother board combo a7s333 with amd 1200 brand new. from the minute i intall it it gave the same problem it would shut off anywere between 10 or 20 minutes. everything tested out good. after 6 months of siting in my close i dug it back out and inspected it closely. what i found was a flaw from the factory the cpu and the heat sink was not making a solid contact the thermal compound was not enough to transfer the heat, i shave the heat sink support some and place some quality thermal compound and place the heat sink and fan back on the cpu. it gave me 100% contact and heat transfer was achieve, problem resolve, i place the combo on a case and it never gave me problems again. i live and learn!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom