Usb Connectors on MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiZmo

Baseband Member
I just bought a case and it came with front usb ports and my old case didnt come with it but i was woundering were and what does it look like on the bord it came with a bunch of connectors for the front panel usb. btw its a PII gateway

usb.jpg

look in your motherboards manual. the motherboard USB ports look like a set of pins pointing straight up like jumpers. if you can't find your manual, open your case and look for a set of pins with USB_# written next to it. with all of the USB compatible motherboards i've used, the ports are usually located towards the bottom right of the motherboard.

its hammer only major. anyway, look closely on your motherboard, every motherboard comes with text written on their board, though minute. but you'll eventually find it. it will be around 7 pin (exact number i dont remember, neither want to re-open my case for that). connector.

as if its a P-2, then possibility will be as well that there arent any front USB connectors. as if there is. then, your casing manufacurer have already provided you with a JOINT CONNECTOR. as if not. then at least the connector connected to the casing will be jointed. refer to that, and plug-in the single connectors, though its a little difficult to plug-in every single pin. took 8 minutes to do that, my neck started aching. but it was history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom