Windows XP Install Not Recognizing Harddrives - HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhaleProof

Baseband Member
Help me please!

I just build a computer (or rather, my friend built it for me), everything appears to be going smoothly except that when I'm trying to install Windows XP Pro (legit copy), it says I don't have any hard-drives installed. My motherboard is a ASUS A8N-SLI Premium mobo.

My main hard-drive is a Serial ATA 150 72gb Raptor 10k hard drive.

My secondary hard-drive is my old back up hard-drive (IDE ATA133 Maxtor 160gb, but only running at 126).

I don't have any clue why it's not recognizing my hard-drives. Someone I know said it may be because I don't have the drivers for the Serial ATA Raptor drive. My rig uses an ASUS A8N-SLI Premium mobo, Athlon X2 4800+, 7800GTX. I think thats all the important info.

If it is the driver thing can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE provide a link or website with the required Serial ATA drivers for my ASUS A8N-SLI Premium mobo?

PLEEEEEEEASE! :(

You need to partition it first. Go to www.bootdisk.com and download windows 98 oem bootdisk and make a partition. You can install XP without a partition so it will give you that message.

I know why already. How old is that copy of Win XP Pro? I can almost guarentee that it doesnt have support for your SATA drive and you need to use the 3rd party software via floppy to get the setup to recognize the hard drive.

So the next question is did your firend install a floppy drive? If not you need to slipstream the drivers into XP and then try to install.

hit f6 upon booting the xp cd. install your floppy when it ask for it. with my asus mobo I had to make a floppy from my asus cd. look for a sata driver floppy maker on that cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom