Motherboard installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

audioaddict

Beta member
Hi,

I recently purchased a Mercury Juliet ATX case (mufg by Kobian) and a Biostar U8668D v7 motherboard. I am still waiting on my processor, but I am trying to have it all wired up by the time it gets here Wednesday. This is the first time I have ever done anything like this computer wise and everything was pretty straightfoward except for one thing. The case has front audio, mic, and USB connections. When I started to wire up the front audio connections, I noticed that the case had 2 ground wires, however, the motherboard only has one ground pin. I am guessing that one ground is for the mic and the other for the audio output, but really I have no clue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to the users manual for the MOBO:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/...B450-1007/Biostar-U8668D-manual-B450-1007.pdf

Thanks,
KC

I have to agree with MicroBell with what he has just posted.
HOWEVER, there has been few times where i had not been in the mood to completely gut my computer case so I can install a new heat sink or CPU. I have a peice of plastic that I put under my Motherboard for when I want to change the CPU or CPU Fan.
HOW EVER, this is still risky.

As for your connecting your FP/Audio. You will need to only plug one of those GND cable in. As for which one, I have found that you use the next avalable GND cable, and you should be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom