Building a PC on Newegg, Have list of parts..need your input..

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, i really liked the case(blue theme is what im going for) so should i just order it anyway, and if it shows any signs that it may not work properly, i could just buy another psu cant i? as for mouse, i dont care, if that one doesnt work...i got a spare one....

Personally, I don't like a few things.

1.) 39.99 case with power supply = cheap power supply no good.

2.) SB Audigy Value??? for $50.00??? - newegg has the Audigy 2 ZS gamer edition for $78.00 - much better... for $28.00 more dollars.

3.) FORGET IDE HDD'S - go with SATA. Not much performance difference but the SATA cables are 1/4 the size of IDE and provide much better airflow inside the case. Also SATA drives are hot swappable and most motherboards now have native SATA & RAID controllers.

4.) TOTALLY Viewsonic or Samsung

5.)eVGA 7800GT & BF2 BUNDLE - This card is much better for overclocking... with BF2...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130239

as for soundcard...i dont really care what i get as long as its cheap and it doesnt put any stress on my cpu...gaming, movies, sound editing...dont really care. and the case...when i build my last pc, i picked the cheapest keyboard,mouse and case i could find and worked fine im just hoping ill get lucky again.

EDIT: Nice find on the card with bf2, saved some cash..and right now..im squeezing every penny I can...

PZEROFGH said:
anyways, really i say onboard sound is sufficient enough if you are pinching pennies. a case and psu bundle is bound to be a cheapy one. so buy a separate one.

agreed. if you don't have good speakers, stick with the onboard sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom