Is a firewall a necessity? if yes, which one do you recomend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if I download the .exe one in the lnik i posted...it will be the same update but will be automatically installed when opened (exe file)...thats the only difference betewen it and the xdb? (int he case where there is no server)

Dont worry about those. I think thats for the Servers, I havent had the chance to mess with that yet.

There's a good free firewall called Sygate, you might wanna check it out. If you don't like it then I would recommend either ZoneAlarm or Kerio.

If you want to network your home computers then a router would probably be the best option. They are pretty cheap, usually around $50, and seem to work better than software firewals too.

Dont worry about those. I think thats for the Servers, I havent had the chance to mess with that yet.

what are? the .exe's?

btw...i dont remember if asked....but does symantic av use a lot of memory???

btw.....I didnt tell you...my mother came back from work today and when I opend the laptop...I saw Symantec AntiVirus!! seems like the school uses it to....!

(but of course with the servers and stuff...)

It should be corporate edition, right??? I checked when I open it and click on help>>about....it says Syamntec AntiVurs.....Full Version: 9.0.0.338... How do I know if it is coroporate edition?? becasue I need to download only 1 virus definsions...and install on both computers....(if i get symantec AV 10 Corportate....the updates supports version 9 but it shouold be corporote edition...or isnt there any other but corporate editoin?

Do I have to update virus definisions on laptop or they should be automatically updated by the server at school??? (or actually can I update it bc it seems its not installed on the laptop...its installed from the server....

kaspersky pro and kerio pro for me. ive also had symantec, norton, zone alarm, nod32, avast, NSW, NIS, and a few others. all of those besides the first 2 ive had problems with eventually somewhere down the road, sometimes had to format bad especially nsw and nis

Rawan AbuSalman said:
what do you recomend me to get? ZonAlarm Pro or Internet Security Suite?

is the zonealarm av better than AVG or Norton or McAfee?

another question...can I do the same with AV or will it messup the computer (have more than one installed)

ZoneAlarm (http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp) is good for as a Firewall, but when it comes to av I would recommend AVG only... (http://www.grisoft.com/doc/5/lng/us/tpl/tpl01)

But you must think of an Anti Spam tool too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom