Is a firewall a necessity? if yes, which one do you recomend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here is the other part. I recommend Symantec Products not Norton. Even thou Norton makes Symantec, for some reason or another you run into a lot of problems like installer problems, uninstaller problem and a host of other problems but I have rarely seen a problem with Symantec products and Symantec products dont use hardly any system resources. If you dont have a lot of memory etc, its possbile it will slow your system down like if you have 128mb of ram or so, even 256mb, but thats going to be your decision again. I use Symantec and I dont even know its there. And to save you money, corporate versions dont expire. They will always update so there is no subscription service to get every year. On Symantec, you just need to upgrade whenever you feel fit too.

And dont even think about getting NIS. Thats like, shit, I dont even know how to explain it, TROUBLE. But thats me and I think I speak for a lot of other people, but then again, their are people on here that use and never have a problem.

oh...I thought they were the same...what kind of prooblems? (what about install/uninstall....?)

Ya..it is importnat for me for it not to take alot of resources..on the laptop i dont mind...i have enough ram but on the desktop i only have 128mb...

what corporate edition do you recomend??

if you have a nvidia ethernet slot, use nvidia firewall. it's new and it still has to work a few bugs to work out, but it is by far the best firewall. it is a combo hardware and software firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom