Help a Newb Wanting to build a Pimp Gaming Comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
WooHoooooooooooo!!!! All the parts that I need to build the computer have arrived!! There are still 4 more parts comming but I don't need them to build the comp. they are things like the monitor, speakers, etc.

So I am going to try to build this thing tomorrow. If anyone has any links to really good computer building guides please post links here. Also if you have any tips POST EM!! Even if it seems like something everyone should know post anyway because I know absolutely nothing.

Thanks for all the help!

go to google and type how to build your own computer. you will come up with a bunch of them. usually when i was waiting i read over them and when it came, i didnt have a computer to use so i memorized and YAY IT came out fine. i hope

Ok I have installed a bunch of stuff but i now have a question about installing my hard drive. I am only using one so I was wondering how I make sure that it is set to Master instead of Slave. I will also need to know about this stuff for installing my two dvd drives

I am working with an OEM hard-drive so it has no instructions about Master/Slave stuff.

i believe if its an sata hdd there is no need for slave or master. but for a 2 dvd drives, just set one as master and the other one as slave. for some reason i didnt do anything i just plugged everything in and it worked. lol.

Ok new question. I put my computer together, all is well i believe =) everything turns on, i see stuff on my screen and all that. I still have to install my cd drives so i haven't put an operating system on it yet. Here is the question:

Does anyone else here have a DFI Lanparty nF4 Ultra-D Mobo? For some reason in the manual it talks about the ability to use Leds that come from the bottom left of the Mobo but on mine I don't have anything there. I have some lights on the front of my computer that I can't get to light up. I know this is just a cosmetic thing but still i want everything to work correctly. Any suggestions on how to get all my computer lights working with this Mobo?

you mean the front panel connectors. you have to plug the little "HD LED" "POWER LED" "RESET SW" etc etc. are you sure you plugged those in into your mobo

Ok what the heck I am unable to install my cd drives. Am i supposed to have some kind of rails or something? Any ideas? thanks

It seems like I need some kind of drive rail to be able to install the cd drives into my case. I don't even really know what that is shouldn't it have come with my case or with my cd drive? any help?

Another problem I am having is that my headset is making footsteps sound like they are comming from one place when they are really comming from somewhere totally different. Is there something I can do? Should i return the headset for a new one? The set is an eDimensional Audio FX force feedback gaming headset. It sounds really good for music but is worse than worthless for gaming right now since i think people are always comming from where they are not. Any help would be appreciated.

Please reply to my other post about not being able to instal my cd drive too please. Do i need some kind of rails? Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom