view as webpage not an option

Status
Not open for further replies.

orriel

Beta member
This is driving me nuts! I just got a new computer and I had my Win98 SE installed on it. But when I go to one of my windows, such as My Documents...under view..i can view large icons, small, details..everything..even view as webpage is there, it's not greyed out. But when I try to view as webpage, nothing happens. I went into every area I can think of..folder options, IE security, advanced,taskbar and toolbars..and I can't seem to enable it. It used to work fine. Can anyone help me with this? It's driving me insane..I don't want to re-install windows on a brand new pc, but I'm at the point where I might just do that. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...orriel:confused:

As an afterthought..could one of the files in windows be missing? If that's the case if I just reinstall over windows, that would be okay......wouldn't it?

Tnx for the answer, but that's still not what I'm looking for. I tried that. If I'm into for eg MY DOCUMENTS folder...before if I would enable the view as webpage option, if I clicked once on one of the files, one the left hand side of the window it would give me info on the file. I'm not able to do that anymore for some reason. It's avail and again, the option is not greyed out, but it just won't work.

When you reinstalled Windows, you forgot an option, and also when you reinstalled your video drivers, you ****er up, this happened to me once years back, i just formatted, and it worked, but there must be a simpler solution to this one

I tried that also...I finally reinstalled windows..looks like there were some missing files (go figure). all fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom