Booting up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saltine

Beta member
3 possible problems need 1 possible solution

I have installed a new catalyst driver for my computer but did not uninstall the old catalyst. I had no problems with my computer it just booted up on the old catalyst first and then after startup through windows the new catalyst would load and that would be the only time the two conflicted.

Power surges, I moved my computer to another house and the house had power surges I didn't care because I had a surge protector and figured it was a good one considering it weighed about the same amount as my monitor .... every surge would shut my computer off completely to where after about 8 surges I just kept it off and got tired of messing with it.

Boot Sector, Moved to a new house no surges and my computer would not boot up past windows startup screen it would load completely and go no where .. Suspected something was wrong with the bios so I updated the new version on a different computer not yet installed on the new and I am ready to restart CMOS and flash my bios though not wanting to make any moves untill I know what is going on. When I checked my hardrive my boot sector was missing ... some people referred this to me as being "OWNED" I am not sure if there is anything I can do about a missing boot sector but I am sure this is the problem.

ANY SUGGESTIONS? :rolleyes:

I just stuck another HD in my computer 120GB and it only read 10GB .... I tried another one 20GB and it read 20GB and started to work .. I have 13GB on my 40GB maxtor HD should I try to slave my HD onto my 20GB or should I try to flash my bios I need some Ideas .. I prefer safe ones first because if I flash my Bios there may be trouble :(

My problem is I have software on my 40GB Maxtor HD that I will not be able to get back I also have about $600 in games without cd-keys which will mean the games I like I will have to rebuy which is why I am stressing so bad over getting my HD to work.

Can someone explain the slave process to me please?

to slave a HDD, plug it into the primary IDE channel, with the other HDD, and set the jumpers on the back to slave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom