Intel or AMD and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makaveli213 said:
Well from all the reports, some from Intel themself, that the 64 bit processors were rushed and not where they should be. They are "sub-par" and fall short of the AMD 64 chip capabilties. For the story go here and see what Intel had to say on this matter.

THAT for me is reason alone to stick with AMD!
*Shivers*
I DO commend them however, for thier honesty, which is a rarity in this world!

Well right now they say that they are a hack and blah blah blah. That doesnt mean that it will stay that way. Who knows with the next generation of chips brings. I will get an AMD and try it out and do a comparison myself. But for now Intel has not done me wrong.

I've used intel for 2 years. It overheated and I needed to replace them so I bought AMD which is alot cheaper and is as fast as intel petium 4(1.8 GHz). Still running for almost 3 years now. My pc runs fine, I hardly experience any crashing than what I mostly get when I used to have intel.( That's when I broke my hard disk for always kicking it because the freaking screen always freezes) I'm not being biased here, I'm just stating my experience. So, if you ask me, basing on my own experience, I'd choose AMD. It's more reliable, less expensive, and you get more than what you paid for IMHO.

-mist|mac- said:
I've used intel for 2 years. It overheated and I needed to replace them so I bought AMD which is alot cheaper and is as fast as intel petium 4(1.8 GHz). Still running for almost 3 years now. My pc runs fine, I hardly experience any crashing than what I mostly get when I used to have intel.( That's when I broke my hard disk for always kicking it because the freaking screen always freezes) I'm not being biased here, I'm just stating my experience. So, if you ask me, basing on my own experience, I'd choose AMD. It's more reliable, less expensive, and you get more than what you paid for IMHO.

this is exactly what most people experience, who have had both processors

Just a question about AMD. What is the top speed of their processor line. I have a 3.4GHz with HT. When i go to the 64 bit line i would like something comparable. What are your suggestions and thoughts on this?

Makaveli213 said:
Just a question about AMD. What is the top speed of their processor line. I have a 3.4GHz with HT. When i go to the 64 bit line i would like something comparable. What are your suggestions and thoughts on this?

a 3.4 gig pent is the equivalent of an amd 3400

Makaveli213 said:
Well from all the reports, some from Intel themself, that the 64 bit processors were rushed and not where they should be. They are "sub-par" and fall short of the AMD 64 chip capabilties. For the story go here and see what Intel had to say on this matter.

That article was about dual core cpu's, not 64 bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom