Simple Mouse Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

c4sper

Solid State Member
Hey there all, i'm a 1st time poster on these forums.
I am looking for a little healp with my mouse/computer/cd-burner (whatever the problem is).

Basically, Whenever i burn a cd my Microsoft USB optical mouse lags out for the duration of the cd burning, the mouse still moves, its just rather unresponisive, this is the same wth other mice that i have tried, none USB, non optical...etc... I higly doubt this should happen due to my spec:

Win 2000server all updates
Asus a7nxDelux Motherboard
Amd 3200+ 400fsb
1Gb Dual Chan 2.5Cas ram
AGP Radeon x700 256mb
SATA 120gb HDD
450Watt PSU
1 - 52X CDRW
1- DVD-RW 16X dual layer
1 - DVD rom (2x?old)

Like i said, i see no reson ths should happen concidering my spec.... any ideas?

Thanks C4SPER

Is it like converting a CD from mp3 to WAV or something? Ripping a move to fit on CD?

it would do these things on say an old 400mhz maybe even up to 1ghz with 512 ram if that burner was killing the system. But yes it is like i am encoding A huge movie.

p.s.
Sorry about new topic post

c4sper said:
But yes it is like i am encoding A huge movie.

are you actually encoding a huge movie, or do you mean what is happening is what you would expect from your comp if you were encoding a huge movie?

The latter of the two, it is what i would expect when my system was at near on full capacity. all i am doing is burning a cd/dvd. I have tried burning with different cd burners and still the same thing.... mouse lag:confused:

it averages about 90%, why is this so high, i am only using nero 6 to burn and my processor is more than suffice.

i have recently tryied other burning programs such as roxio. i am still getting the same problem.

The full processor usages is ONLY when the data s being burnt. it goes back down again when preparing to burn the next track on a disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom