SB Live! 'Surround Mixer 2' - Can't Get it Open!

Status
Not open for further replies.

s37d

Banned
I have an SB Live! Digital card and cannot get my Surround Mixer 2 program to open. When I first installed the program it worked fine, but at some point just randomly would not open. I tried to reinstall it from the menu the CD opens up when u put it in, but it would error out. I had to manually go into the directories on the Drivers CD and into the SurMix2 folder to install it. It then worked fine for about 2-3 weeks, but now randomly wont open again. Tried reinstalling it again, but to no avail, wont open at all now. Hard drive makes sounds as if its trying to access the program, but after a few seconds it stops and nothing appears, yet SurMix2 is running in my processes list. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Where exactly in MSconfig? I see the tabs General, System.ini, Win.ini, Boot.ini, Services and Startup

Startup tab, last tab to your right of msconfig. click disable all but leave only essential programs running like FW and AV.

Just tried it and it didn't work, the processes I left running were:
CTHelper
UpdReg
NvCpl
nwiz
NvMcTray
gcasServ
dumprep 0 -k
dumprep 0 -u

Wasn't sure if it was safe to disable any of these, let me know what you think, thanks.

Have you uninstalled the application before you tried to reinstall it? That might be what is causing this issue over and over again. I see that you said you installed it after it stopped working but never specified if you tried to uninstall first. It might be that if you didnt uninstall first that the files that are relavent to run the app are overwritten but then after setting it up the way you want it gets the glitch again cause of something that is still installed from a previous attempt.

Yea I uninstalled first, using Add/Remove programs in control panel. Also deleted the whole Creative folder manually.

Have you tried to uninstall the creative drivers and use driver cleaner and then install it all again? Also have you checked for updated versions from creative to see if there was a bug in the version you are using that they have fixed? Just throwing some ideas out there.

I think I uninstalled the drivers not exactly sure, and no I didnt use driver cleaner whatever that is. I downloaded the drivers and surround mixer from creative site but it said I didnt have creative software on my system or a creative card in my pc, which obviously pissed me off because its lying. And the drivers work fine, I'm assuming anyway, since I can play audio. Its just this one program Surround Mixer 2 that I can't get to function, and I need it to switch from digital speakers to headphones, since I have each one different jacks.

I remember that problem with the creative drivers. I dont remember the exact way to fix this. I will try and find some answers for ya and post back when i find something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom