Building a PC on Newegg, Have list of parts..need your input..

Status
Not open for further replies.

franky694

Baseband Member
Building a PC on Newegg, Have list of parts..need your input..~UPDATED~

EDIT: THE UPDATE IS ON LAST PAGE

Hey Guys, i worked my ass of this summer(still in highschool) to get myself a new pc and i set myself a budget, My budget is 1500(including tax and shipping). My goal for this computer is to be a pretty good gaming computer, not top of the line but near the top. I just wanna play BF2,HL2 and upcoming COD 2 with decent fps (i dont plan on overclocking or using really high resolution).I pretty much got all the parts picked out just need a second(third,fourth so on and so forth) opinion on it. ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated(support for your suggestion/change would be nice too).

The system basically is:
AMD 64 3500+
2 Gigs of Ram(3200)
200 GIG HDD
7800GT
MSI Mobo
Audigy 2<-- DOnt really need it..but hey..better than intergrated sound, but if i need to cut that for something else or to improve something else, its a o k with me

heres a pic of the my actual cart, total adds up too $1470.29 with tax and shipping.

anyways..thanks in advance guys..

newpc.jpg

The things I would change:

get a SATA 150 or 3.0 hard drive instead of the UATA one. That would let them communicate faster with the rest of your computer.

An 8ms monitor would be better for gaming then the 12ms one you have picked. The one you picked is real cheap and its hard to say weather its good or not, on one hand its so cheap maybe youll think 'its not the best but I can deal with it for the cheap price' or maybe youl think 'this thing is such a cheap pos it wasnt even worth the money'

Iv heard good things about the MSI K8N Neo 4 boards so I wouldnt change that.

I would say keep the sound card, it saves your processor from using some of its power with onboard sound so should help performance compared to using onboard sound and should give you equal or better sound then the onboard stuff.

You chose the AMD 3500 Venice core. which isnt bad, but for 54 bucks more you could upgrade to the 3700 San Diego core that comes with a 1mb L2 chache, which is double the 3500's 512k L2 cache. Faster stock clock speed, and better overall processor, for 50 bucks more. Up to you and your budget really thou.

Personally I would chose a diffrent monitor thou since its one of the most important parts of your computer if you think about it. Everything you do on a computer, you do looking at the monitor, without the monitor, your computer is just a big heavy paper weight. so you want to make sure you get one that is good and is sharp so you can read text easy and it dosnt cause eye strain, nothings worse then reading fuzzy/blurry text on a cheap monitor. Since you have a lower budget but still need a monitor, you might want to look into CRT's instead of LCD's because to get a good quality LCD you have to pay a good ammount of money but good CRTs are relatively cheap, you could research them online and find the modle you like and then try to find it at a local store to save on shipping because shipping a CRT might be expensive because of their weight but iv never checked.

Do you need any CD or DVD drives with your computer or do you already have them? Do you need to buy Windows or do you already have a copy you can use for the new computer? Speakers? If your budget is $1500 FIRM then you need to think about all the little things you will need to have a complete system so that your not missing anything when it comes time to put it all together and youv already spent all your money.

thanks for the very honest reply. As for my harddrive, i dont use much space, right now i have a 120 gig and only using about 20 gigs.As for DVD Burners, Windows XP and the other small things, i got that pretty much covered. I dont plan on getting speakers, I use my favorite headphones. i guess i will cut the lcd and invest in the processor and anything else i need, I do have a crt, a 19 inch viewsonic but lately its been messing up and my desktop looks really dark so i use it with the contrast and brightness all the way up.

the harddrive is good, but im not sure about the monitor, it looks good to me

Save your quarters and buy a nice Logitech gaming mouse. I've heard good things about that new laser one that just came out. The G5 I think, something like that.

Nice system except as said above:
-get a diff monitor, go with a viewsonic or samsung crt if you cant afford more than $185 for a monitor
-3700 definately
-u need a better psu than the one listed, i wouldnt trust any $39 psu with that nice mboard/cpu/gpu.
-mouse you can upgrade later or now, get a logitech mx518 or mx510, they are like $40
-good job on the ram

this is the least i would spend on an LCD:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824014100#DetailSpecs

and here's an affordable, nice 19" Crt:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824116281

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom